Thread: Network/Internet not connecting

Network/Internet not connecting

Hello. I'm sure this question has been asked before but I cannot seem to find a suitable answer for my particular issue. I am running windows 8.1 as the host OS on a laptop, with VMPlayer 7.0 64bit. I have installed Kali 1.10-amd-64 and cannot connect to the internet not can I ping my wireless router. During install it failed to get DHCP address so I configd a static IP with an IP in that subnet and configd my default gateway as my wireless router. Then I was unable to create a network mirror. I have set up the Network card in VMware as bridged and have changed the network config file in Kali to managed= True. Below are the screenshots of configs. Any help would be great. Have a wonderful day

VMconfig.jpg

KaliConfig.jpg

Kali1config.jpg

UPDATE: I have changed the VMware network connection from "bridged" to "NAT" this has "fixed" my networking issue. However, I understand that this isn't the best practice with Kali. I have tried several IP addresses in my subnet and still cant seem to get a connection. Right now I'm keeping it in NAT config until I can get a static solution that works.

Same here my wifi isn't working and no network interfaces are showing ! I have the Broadcom 14e4:43a0 !!

Quote Originally Posted by kalideescoper View Post
    Same here my wifi isn't working and no network interfaces are showing ! I have the Broadcom 14e4:43a0 !!
    I found if your using any type of Virtual machine and have set networking to NAT, when you do an ifconfig it will show your eth# interface and IP but wont show your "metal box" wifi adapter because your virtually wired to your "metal box" and that is then networking over your wi-fi adapter. Do you have internet on your host OS? Do you have any other virtual machines that have a good internet connection?