Thread: WPSpin.sh - issue

WPSpin.sh - issue

I am trying to run this script but I get the error
    xterm you do not own the scan.txt , I am not sure what this means,

I need some help. !
    thank you !

can you screen shot your error?

Hello

This error is probably due to the fact that you did not lauch WPSPIN with root privileges.
    WPSPIN works out of the box without problems in kali linux, it was desined for debian bazed system; Just follow this simple steps.

1. Download it
    Code:
    wget http://www.crack-wifi.com/forum/img/members/1840/WPSPIN_20140131-0808.zip
    2. Unzip it
    Code:
    unzip WPSPIN_20140131-0808.zip
    3. Locate yourself
    Code:
    cd WPSPIN
    4. Launch the script
    Code:
    (sudo) bash WPSPIN.sh
    * If you are using kali linux in live mode tou do not need to use "sudo" (or "su" or "sudo su") as you are logged as root

5. Enjoy

Attached Images Attached Images

Oh how I wish things were that simple... All I get is:
    WARNING : NO COMPATIBLE WIRELESS INTERFACE IS AVAILABLE
    However, wlan1mon is enbled and working great with new Reaver fork and also with PixieWPS. I just haven't gotten WPSpin or FrankenScript to find wlan1mon. Any suggestions? I'm using:
    32-bit Kali 1.1.0
    Kernel 3.18.0-kali3-686-pae
    GNOME 3.4.2

All I get too is:

??????

It is because it hasn't been updated to support airmon-ng's new monitor interface naming. Should be a quick fix.

Quote Originally Posted by soxrok2212 View Post
    It is because it hasn't been updated to support airmon-ng's new monitor interface naming. Should be a quick fix.
    Thanks for the heads-up Sox,this

was wrecking my head for an hour or 3.

Appreciated info indeed.

Hi there
    I was not really for updating it as i consider that it is definitely not a "good" code.
    it was my first (and probably my last) script ( eventhough it took me so much time and learning to do it, but that was nice)
    Some good ideas inside and i was pretty happy about some stuff but i am definitely not a scripter/programmer and i definitely believe in "integrating" WPSPIN algorithms and database in the new reaver.
    WPSPIN was making sense 3 years ago when i found out ( and realized afterward that computepin published six monthes before from zaochesung was doing the same) this crazy algorithm used by many manufacturer. Ans also to present an algorithm for some sapnish ISP that i found (FTE-XXXX)
    But I think that it has done it mission,
    edited
    But if you guys really want to use it and cannot update it (messy code) i will make a quick update for you , one of this days (now i am on holiday so slowly, slowly )
    cheers
    Last edited by kcdtv; 2015-10-22 at 14:14. Reason: edited for unappropriated language. Sorry for any inconvenience

Quote Originally Posted by kcdtv View Post
    Hi there
    I was not really for updating it as i consider that it is definitely not a "good" code.
    it was my first (and probably my last) script ( eventhough it took me so much time and learning to do it, but that was nice)
    Some good ideas inside and i was pretty happy about some stuff but i am definitely not a scripter/programmer and i definitely believe in "integrating" WPSPIN algorithms and database in the new reaver.
    WPSPIN was making sense 3 years ago when i found out ( and realized afterward that computepin published six monthes before from zaochesung was doing the same) this crazy algorithm used by many manufacturer. Ans also to present an algorithm for some sapnish ISP that i found (FTE-XXXX)
    But I think that it has done it mission,
    edited
    But if you guys really want to use it and cannot update it (messy code) i will make a quick update for you , one of this days (now i am on holiday so slowly, slowly )
    cheers
    Hey thank you for keeping us up to date. It is indeed a great program. Good learning curve I bet.
    We will wait patiently for an update when you get a chance . Wish I could contribute.

Edit: Swearing quote
    Last edited by maiki; 2017-05-08 at 12:39. Reason: Swearing quote