Thread: Nexus 6 support

Nexus 6 support

Do we have a beta? or semi working that you need testers for?

I've got nethunter on my other device, but just did a hardware upgrade and cant wait to see it running on this beast of a machine.

We are looking at a release next week.

sweet, my Nexus 6 can't wait.

awesome, tyvm for the info.

guess those plans fell through eh? lol

Are you guys going to use the new 5.1 image that was just pushed out?

The 5.1 release threw a wrench in release plans. We are updating kernels to support 5.1 but the release has been for some devices so far. There were some kernel and ramdisk changes in 5.1 and judging from initial reports there will probably be a 5.1.1 soon to fix memory leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by binkybear View Post
    The 5.1 release threw a wrench in release plans. We are updating kernels to support 5.1 but the release has been for some devices so far. There were some kernel and ramdisk changes in 5.1 and judging from initial reports there will probably be a 5.1.1 soon to fix memory leaks.
    np man, thanks for the update. I figured it was the 5.1 release that screwed things up. Keep up the solid work guys, looking forward to nethunter!

We are updating kernels to support 5.1 but the release has been for some devices so far.
    Not sure what you mean by this...
    The 5.1 release will work on all of the Nexus 6 devices. Even though they are on different carriers, everything is the same, even the radios. I used the t-mobile release on my Verizon device (which the phone hasn't even been released yet).

@Pozer - I have test the Nexus 6 for Nethunter and it is working with 5.1. I didn't mean to imply different devices for the Nexus 6, just that I was building for other Nexus devices (7/10/9).

Either way, if anyone feels comfortable flashing/building you can easily make a flashable update file for N6 in Kali.

@Pozer - I have test the Nexus 6 for Nethunter and it is working with 5.1. I didn't mean to imply different devices for the Nexus 6, just that I was building for other Nexus devices (7/10/9).

Either way, if anyone feels comfortable flashing/building you can easily make a flashable update file for N6 in Kali.
    I have experiance with flashing kernals and roms on my phones, but I'm not quite sure if I'd know where to begin to build it for the nexus 6. Once again we appreciate you guys working so hard

actually by following your naming for the zips, i was able to get a zip off your server (kali_linux_nethunter_1.20_shamu_lollipop.zip). Safe to use this? I mean im going to flash it in a minute anyways and test it out but just incase you see this before i do.

nooope didnt work lol
    Last edited by emorrowdf; 2015-03-25 at 03:51.

Judging by the amount of views this thread has I guess we're not the only ones waiting for a release, but then again, I'm checking in several times daily.

I am in the same boat as emorrowdf here, I know how to flash kernels & roms, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. Is there any guides somewhere for building it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladdus View Post
    Judging by the amount of views this thread has I guess we're not the only ones waiting for a release, but then again, I'm checking in several times daily.

I am in the same boat as emorrowdf here, I know how to flash kernels & roms, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. Is there any guides somewhere for building it?
    https://github.com/offensive-securit...g-from-sources

mkdir ~/arm-stuff cd ~/arm-stuff git clone https://github.com/offensive-securit...-gnueabihf-4.7 export PATH=${PATH}:/root/arm-stuff/gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.7/bin git clone https://github.com/offensive-security/kali-nethunter cd ~/arm-stuff/kali-nethunter ./build-deps.sh ./androidmenu.sh

"Either way, if anyone feels comfortable flashing/building you can easily make a flashable update file for N6 in Kali."

Soooo...when you guys did all the interviews back in the fall....and "whoever " the dev was in those interviews with tech oriented news sites...they...SPECIFICALLY said that nethunter would be on the N6...I mean ,this was said on multiple websites .

What a bunch of ***.....it's months after 5.0 dropped ,and 5.1 is here ...and binky is NOW talking about people compiling our own flashable zips ...this is ***..

Did you get all your internet fame (briefly) and get your name out there ?And then just NOT ***. deliver .

I think some of those same sites that ran the original articles ,and boosted nethunters temporary fame ,should swing back around and re-run articles on the who ever said that .What a failure ....if you werent competent enough to code it the right way on up to date versions of android ,you should have just kept your mouth shut and quit hyping the skills it seems you never had to begin with .

I'm personally going to start emailing all the sights that ran articles on nethunter ,and going to have them take a look at the state of this
    project ,and just how much of failure it's become .

Binky has been insinuating for a while now there will be a release ,drumming up page views with people looking for a release that he spoke of ...aaaand nothing .

I encourage everyone to do the same .Email the websites that wrote stories ,back in the fall .Leave comments on the articles how the project was over promised and and never delivered .I havent seen a vid ,or proof,anywhere ,proving that it works on 5.0,5.1....or ANY up to date current android device that isnt something from prior N6(great to know it works on OLD android phones )but at least we have a few members that got their name on the internet .

Yeah ...I cant code....hence nethunter having a convenient gui FOR the people ..script kids,hobbyists,ect could use it .

what a joke .

I'll NEVER put any stock in anything said relating to kali ,if its **** binky spewing it .

What a bunch of ***. Every week it's some new excuse from dude .

Edit:
    Swearing
    Last edited by g0tmi1k; 2015-04-01 at 08:00. Reason: Swearing

Reading this post reminds me how hard open-source work is.
    It is people like you, whose false sense of entitlement and ignorant attitude serves nothing but to poison open-source communities.
    For your sake, I hope you're a troll.

NetHunter v1.2 has been released.
    Android Lollipop, Nexus 6 & 9 support.
    More information: https://www.offensive-security.com/k...llipop-nexus6/

Locking thread.
    This is a Kali-Linux support forum - not general IT/infosec help.

Useful Commands: OS, Networking, Hardware, Wi-Fi
    Troubleshooting: Kali-Linux Installation, Repository, Wi-Fi Cards (Official Docs)
    Hardware: Recommended 802.11 Wireless Cards

Documentation: http://docs.kali.org/ (Offline PDF version)
    Bugs Reporting & Tool Requests: https://bugs.kali.org/
    Kali Tool List, Versions & Man Pages: https://tools.kali.org/