Thread: is there a way to add my wireless card driver to usb?

is there a way to add my wireless card driver to usb?

I just downloaded Kali and am going to use it off a USB drive, I am wondering if there is a way to get my wireless card driver added to my USB drive, so i wouldn't have to keep installing it if that is the case. Or once i installed it to the USB drive would be on there permanently?

I tried to search it but all i came up with was kali installation errors. and how to install wireless drivers. i am not at home right now so i dont know what driver i have, but can get that info for you all later if you need it.

thanks

Chances are that the driver comes pre-installed with Kali, depending on the chipset but most do.

I tried to run kali last night and it was not readying my wireless at all. ill have to find a way to find out my chipset for you. Not sure if it helps but its a dell laptop, so im not sure if they use a pretty common one or not. But if i have to find my driver is it possible to do what i asked? Or when i install it will it be installed to the usb permanently or would it be erased upon restart?

If the driver does not come preinstalled, then yes you will have to install the driver every time your reboot. Depending on your USB setup, you can add persistence which will keep all your data... basically just like a hard drive. Do a quick google to find a guide.