Thread: Kali 1.1.0 Problem

Kali 1.1.0 Problem

Hello to all,

Before I get started just going to apoligise if this post is in the wrong section.

Ok the problem / Im new to kali / :

I was running 1.0.7 and did the distro upgrade and installed to to kali 1.1.0. Now all the packages and stuff extracted perfectly when watching through the terminal. After it finished i did a restart, Now the grub loader started and i have the previous version and the new install in there. So I went to the new install. it did all the loading stuff it does. Now the first time it, actually almost loaded kali, got to the background and had a cursor and that was it. So im like ok.. ill restart, and now Im getting either " GIVE ROOT PASSWORD FOR MAINTENANCE" OR " CONTROL -D " to continue.

So I try the continue option and it starts loading a few more things, all the way until it gets to the loading the GUI and *cant recall what its called due to it crashing so quick* gsd3?. anyway it gets to their and my screen on laptop starts flickering on and off for about 10-15 seconds, then it will stop and I am getting type 4 buffer overflow acpi messages.

What I cannot understand.

Now I also can't boot back into the old version cause its doing the same thing?
    Ive googled this problem, and I find like solutions , well i think they are anyway , but the question is how am i supposed to update nvidia kernel, when i can't even establish a wireless connection?
    Im really lost.

- Thanks.

Did you check the md5sum of your Kali iso prior to install?

At a guess, it was gdm3 which crashed at start. That's a decent problem right there. You may be best off reinstalling from ISO after you have made sure the md5sum matches what is expected.
    chown -R us ./base