Thread: KaliLinux 1.1.0 intel vga 4600 driver update.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

KaliLinux 1.1.0 intel vga 4600 driver update.

Hello All,

I installed kali linux as my main os on my dell latitude e7240. it comes with an intel 4th generation processor and graphic.
    The intel vga driver in the current repo ie xserver-xorg-video-intel version 2.19 does not support his vga adaptor. in order to enable the 3d graphic in kali linux i require xserver-xorg-video-intel version 2.22 or above. i can see the same in kali-dev repo. i dont want to enable the dev repo. can you please let me know when will the video driver for intel be updated in the main repo.

Thanks in advance

Ok... After some research in debian repo, As per the change log http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.or...70+1_changelog for debian package xserver-xorg-video-intel_2.21.15-2~bpo70+1, Intel Haswell support was backported to debian wheezy-backports.

please let me know which repo to be enable to install the same backport on kali linux

I know that i can enable the debian wheezy-backports by adding the server details in source.list. but i dont want to break kali linux with the packages from debian repo.

hi ,thej0ker, my problem same with you, icant down my resolution because my vga intel hd 4600 with resolution 1900x1800. im so sad with kali linux not support vga new born with laptop new, my laptop is clevo 230st with nvidia gtx 765m, can somebady in the forum help me and thej0ker? im form indonesia but i confused with problem vga. i dual boot with windows 7 pro 32 bit, please hear my problem, sory my bad english

Tried using the latest intel vga drivers from the debian backport in kali repo. but it is not working. please let me know if there is any work around

As per the debian forum inorder to make the intel 2.21 driver working on debian, we also need to install the kernel backport. http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=117219.

I understand that the kali is using a latest kernel than debian wheezy. please let me know if there is any alternative way to install the package for intel vga drivers