Thread: Kail Refuses To Install On Virtual Box

Kail Refuses To Install On Virtual Box

Please help,

For the life of me I cannot get Kali to install on Virtual Box. I have downloaded 1.1.0-amd64 six times and have tried to install it on the current version of Virtual Box 4.3.24. The program keeps crashing when it tries to install the system files. It gets to 4% and then crashes out. I have tried rebuilding the machine several times. I have used both the torrent and the ISO for 64 bit computers. I am running seven other Linux distributions on VB with no issues.

The base system for my computer is
    Windows 8.1
    4GB RAM
    Intell i5 Processor

I am giving the virtual machine the following to run
    1GB RAM
    2 Processor Cores
    100GB HDD Space

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on Google for suggestions on how to fix this issue but what I find is how to install the program on VB which I already know how to do. I am downloading the file directly from www.kali.org so I know the source file is good.

I have used both Download Accelerator Pro to download the ISO file and Bittorrent to download the torrent and I am getting the same results.

Thank you.

I would like to add that I have the same issue with and without PAE/NX and the mini i386 image hates my virtual drive, as it somehow can't find the proper driver. I tried guessing a few, but none worked.

Host HW: Core2Quad (VT-x), 5 GB RAM
    Guest HW: 1 cpu, 0.5GB RAM, VT-x enabled, default storage settings, VDI image, default network

I have since upgraded VB, if there is any change, I'll edit this.

configure your VirtualBox for 64 bits you should have not issues at all