Ok, I am running WinVista on a Dell Inspiron desktop. 500GB HDD, 50(?)GB backup HDD.

I installed Kali Live on a USB that had just been reformatted to reclaim space lost from a previous KLive installation on a Win8.1 machine. Here's what happened:

I booted into KLive just fine, after a while I managed to get to a switch-user/shutdown screen that I could not get out of. I couldnt select another user, it wanted a password. It wouldn't let me shut down because "another user was still logged on" and I needed the admin password, which I didn't set. So, I shut the computer off. *wince* Now, it will not boot Windows in any fashion. No safe mode, nothing. It gives an error message saying it was improperly shut down, then loads a bunch of system files and gets stuck there.

It boots KLive fine. I can access the other partition from inside Kali, so it's not toast (I don't think), I think Kali wrote to the wrong partition and it's causing Windows to crash.

Can I make a bootable image from inside Kali and boot from that?

Any help at all is appreciated. I know my way around MS systems pretty good, but I am very new at Linux. I apologize in advance if this has been answered previously.