Thread: Problems during boot from USB Kali 1.1.0

Problems during boot from USB Kali 1.1.0

Sorry if this has been covered already. I couldn't find a reference in my searches.

I recently created a Kali 1.1.0 Live USB key with encrypted persistance. I followed the instructions on the website and used my Ubuntu installation to create the USB image. When I boot from my USB my system will post, then go to a screen with this message:

ISOLINUX 6.03 20141209 EHDD Copyright (C) 1994-2014 H. Peter Anvin et al
    _ (blinking cursor)

I can't actually type anything at the cursor. Nothing will happen at this point and I will have to restart. On my work laptop, I can go into a one time boot menu. In that menu there is an option in the legacy boot menu for the USB that will lead to the above. Farther down there is an option under UEFI BOOT that will go to the usual Kali boot menu and works properly. Unfortunately my personal computer doesn't have the same boot options and will only allow the legacy boot option that leads to the above.

Does anyone know a solution to have the PC boot from the right place? Last year I created a USB key from Kali 1.0.9 and didn't have this problem, so I don't know if this is a bug in the new version or something else.

I didn't get any responses, but the problem has been resolved.

I tried the newer Kali 1.1.0a release and I had no problems.