Thread: Kali Linux .iso "File is broken", not booting from USB

Kali Linux .iso "File is broken", not booting from USB

Hi All

I'm a new member and I'd like to start by saying that I have already looked among other threads but with no luck. If I'm wrong please free to let me know and post the link to the already existing discussion. I tried to download Kali and install it on a usb pen drive. When rebooting, it says that there's nothing on the external usb. So, once back on Windows 8.1, I checked it and, actually there were some linux files. I then decided to format the usb and start again reistalling the distro. While it was being installed, I noticed that, when processing the different parts, it was saying "file is broken". So I checked the .ISOs I downloaded ( yes, I downloaded it lots of times as it never worked) and, with my great surprise, every single time, they were always different sizes, and I've realised I've never managed to download the full ISO (2.9 GB).

Any explanantion for it? Any suggestions or solutions? I tried to install the distro on the USB with different progams and every time I downloaded Kali from the official website but NEVER worked.
    Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by FilAgrs View Post
    Hi All

I'm a new member and I'd like to start by saying that I have already looked among other threads but with no luck. If I'm wrong please free to let me know and post the link to the already existing discussion. I tried to download Kali and install it on a usb pen drive. When rebooting, it says that there's nothing on the external usb. So, once back on Windows 8.1, I checked it and, actually there were some linux files. I then decided to format the usb and start again reistalling the distro. While it was being installed, I noticed that, when processing the different parts, it was saying "file is broken". So I checked the .ISOs I downloaded ( yes, I downloaded it lots of times as it never worked) and, with my great surprise, every single time, they were always different sizes, and I've realised I've never managed to download the full ISO (2.9 GB).

Any explanantion for it? Any suggestions or solutions? I tried to install the distro on the USB with different progams and every time I downloaded Kali from the official website but NEVER worked.
    Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance
    When download the iso, be sure to check the MD5SUM before you go and try and install it.

If you are having no luck from wherever you are downloading it, try another provider. I know an ISP near me mirrors the Kali ISO files. Maybe yours does too.
    chown -R us ./base