Thread: Working Samsung Note 4 (N910F) - Support for Lollipop

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Working Kernel + CHROOT] Samsung Note 4 (N910F) Lollipop

Hi everyone,

after switching from my Nexus 5 to the Note 4 I didn't want to loose Kali Nethunter.
    I created a CHROOT for it but didn't find the time to build the kernel, until today.

It's based on the HackerKernel for Lollipop (I tried it on TW-based roms only). My external wifi adapter (TL-WN722N) is working fine now, HID keyboard as well.
    As I can't test any other devices it would be great if people interested in this kernel can try it with their devices and share their experiences.

1.) N910F Kali CHROOT (flash via recovery)
    2.) Hacker Kernel SM-N910F v7 beta 5 (Flash on top of your TW-based rom)

You can build the kernel yourself if you want, especially for later updates. The sources with the applied patches can be found here

Bugs:
    Not known so far. I hope someone else can test the kernel more intense and let me know if everything is working as expected.

I'll leave this as a POC, as I won't have the time to maintain this. Patches and drivers have been applied to the kernel repository so things shall not change until there is a kernel version change applied.
    Maybe the Kali team can add the kernel to their repository and installer, to add support for the N910F.
    Last edited by FutureBSD; 2015-04-07 at 09:33. Reason: Updated Links