Thread: Working Samsung Note 4 (N910F) - Support for Lollipop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Working Kernel + CHROOT] Samsung Note 4 (N910F) Lollipop

Hi everyone,

after switching from my Nexus 5 to the Note 4 I didn't want to loose Kali Nethunter.
    I created a CHROOT for it but didn't find the time to build the kernel, until today.

It's based on the HackerKernel for Lollipop (I tried it on TW-based roms only). My external wifi adapter (TL-WN722N) is working fine now, HID keyboard as well.
    As I can't test any other devices it would be great if people interested in this kernel can try it with their devices and share their experiences.

1.) N910F Kali CHROOT (flash via recovery)
    2.) Hacker Kernel SM-N910F v7 beta 5 (Flash on top of your TW-based rom)

You can build the kernel yourself if you want, especially for later updates. The sources with the applied patches can be found here

Bugs:
    Not known so far. I hope someone else can test the kernel more intense and let me know if everything is working as expected.

I'll leave this as a POC, as I won't have the time to maintain this. Patches and drivers have been applied to the kernel repository so things shall not change until there is a kernel version change applied.
    Maybe the Kali team can add the kernel to their repository and installer, to add support for the N910F.
    Last edited by FutureBSD; 2015-04-07 at 09:33. Reason: Updated Links

Sorry guys,
    totally forgot to add the kernel.
    Link has been added. Please try it out and let me know if things are working for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureBSD View Post
    Sorry guys,
    totally forgot to add the kernel.
    Link has been added. Please try it out and let me know if things are working for you.
    So i would have to install this kernel in order to flash NH? What if im coming from CM12? Will there be any drawbacks?

I tested it solely with TW-based roms. Not sure about kernel compatibilty with CM-based roms.
    What you do is flash the CHROOT environment on your Note 4. Afterwards you flash the kernel.
    Boot back into your rom and you should be good to go.

Links will be updated today, inluding the chroot environment (not based on 1.2.1 but you can update it via the app anyway) and the latest version of the kernel.

i have the tmobile version running lollipop. .and im extremely excited about porting nethunter over ...so thumbs up on your work .

Besides my Hacker911-Kernel version incl. Nethunter support the AEL-kernel dev added Nethunter support now as well.
    I've been in touch with them, asked them to add it and it seems that there is now a second kernel who offers nethunter support for the Note 4.
    As I got in touch with a few more kernel devs there is a beta kernel (from Pafcholini) now who asked me to test the kali support of the kernel.
    My note 4 is currently out for service, trying to get the KNOX counter reset. If they deny this I'll test the kernel of him. If it gets "reset" (by replacing hardware), I'll share the kernel over at XDA to get it tested. After testing I'm very positive that we'll have 3 kernels for the Note 4 that offer nethunter support.

I moved to the S6 Edge now and I'm still struggling installing a custom recovery there (lack of custom roms & kernels).
    As soon as I consider installing a custom recovery I'm very positive there will be support for nethunter on the S6 Edge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by borisbwhacking View Post
    i have the tmobile version running lollipop. .and im extremely excited about porting nethunter over ...so thumbs up on your work .
    The AEL Dev offers Nethunter support for their TMOB Version of the AEL Kernel.
    Echoerom Forum (N4 TMOB Kernel Changelog)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureBSD View Post
    The AEL Dev offers Nethunter support for their TMOB Version of the AEL Kernel.
    Echoerom Forum (N4 TMOB Kernel Changelog)
    Dead link

I know this is an outdated thread, But I would love to collaborate to get nethunter working on note 4 tmobile

Quote Originally Posted by borisbwhacking View Post
    Where you able to port to t-mobile variant ?

Hi, I'm trying to build my own image (installed the kernel) and I can't find which package contains the keyboard hid stuff. Is it on a package at all?

Edit: I've found some scripts that directly use the /dev/ device and it works, I'm using the android app sources to point me to the scripts... I'll see If I can modify it and get all I need to make it work with my installation.
    Last edited by piluex; 2015-07-02 at 09:55.

What ROM are you installing this on? Stock?

I tried installing it with the custom kernel on CM12, it booted up and started optimizing the applications but then got stuck in starting them.

I'll try and flash stock rom on my note and try again. All you're doing is flashing the chroot and kernel right?

Yes, I've used stock roms as base. At the end I used a chroot provided on xda because I wanted to have all of the chroot and "bridge" script to try the app and other features. Don't forget about the custom kernel or you'll get "knoxed" out. xD

Hi dude, can you update the links please otherwise, thank you very much for the job you did !

Only you need is the kernel and about the chroot, you can do it manually after you download nexus 6 image for nethunter. Since both phones have almost same specs, it fits almost perfect. I am working on recompiling the nexmon project on playstore to work with my samsung 4 for internal wifi monitor mode modification.