Thread: Pixiewps: wps pixie dust attack tool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello! I want to know whether this attack is limited to the known vulnerable chipsets, or if it can be used on more routers if more research is done ?

Quote Originally Posted by Desuu View Post
    Hello! I want to know whether this attack is limited to the known vulnerable chipsets, or if it can be used on more routers if more research is done ?
    This attack could be potentially extended to more routers if more research is done. There are some other manufacturers that have not been checked yet (like Marvell, Intel, Qualcomm, Realtek...). Also, good entropy on embedded systems (with limited resources) is always a problem especially at boot.

The devices that are not affected are probably the ones which use hardware random number generators. Also systems running Linux / Hostapd seem secure.

I have nearly zero experience with this kind of stuff, so if you wanna jump in, do it. Anyone can contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by wiire View Post
    This attack could be potentially extended to more routers if more research is done. There are some other manufacturers that have not been checked yet (like Marvell, Intel, Qualcomm, Realtek...). Also, good entropy on embedded systems (with limited resources) is always a problem especially at boot.

The devices that are not affected are probably the ones which use hardware random number generators. Also systems running Linux / Hostapd seem secure.

I have nearly zero experience with this kind of stuff, so if you wanna jump in, do it. Anyone can contribute.

Is there any chance this to work on TP-LINK in the future ?

TP-LINK like this http://www.maytinhviettrung.com/1_ht...TL-WR740ND.jpg