Thread: Kali Odroid XU3 not booting?

Kali Odroid XU3 not booting?

I have posted this on the Odroid forums as well...

Hello all.

I have acquired my XU3 as of this morning and am having some issues getting Kali up and running.

I have downloaded the XU3 image of Kali from Offensive Security, extracted, and used DD with bs=1M on a Samsung Evo 64gb micro sd card.

The end result is my microsd card having partition1 in ext4 at 134mb, and partition2 coming in at 7.2gb in ext4 formatting.

I have set the dipswitches to the appropriate position for booting off the microsd yet with the microhdmi cable connected I am seemingly not getting anything to my monitor.

The led gives a quick blue flash before going a steady green and the fan seems to be running at full blast.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem with the Odroid XU4

Are you guys still seeing this with the 2.0.1 release?

Hi,

im hoping someone can really help us here, im having the same issue, and im running Kali 2.0.1 release. when i boot mine just gets to a console and asks for KAli login , i enter that and nothing happens
    all i get is the below, i get to no Desktop screen of any sort, or is it meant to run like this in a console mode, also the other issue, is once booted, it keeps running through what looks like my hardware, kees lists USB devices, it just loops it over and over

************************************************** **********************************
    Linux Kali 3.10.82 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Aug 13 14:17:00 CDT 2015 arnv71
    The programs included with kali GNU/Linux system are free software:
    the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the individual files in /usr/share/doc/x/copyright
    Kali GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRENTY, to the extent
    permitted by applicable law
    root@kali:
    ************************************************** **********************************

sorry just to add to the above, iv installed KAli on the eMMC mod, not sure if this makes a difference

You say it loops but the only output you've posted seems to be a root prompt - can you provide a full log please? Also dmesg. eMMC v sdcard won't matter, it sees them as the same thing really.

I've managed to get mine to boot straight into the desktop, send me a email if you still having issues I'll forward you my boot.ini file