Thread: Execute attack - no response

Execute attack - no response

Morning,

As the IRC channel seems pretty quiet, I thought I'd drop a post here...

I have a slight issue with my Nexus 5 running the latest version of Nethunter.

When hitting 'Execute attack' nothing happens! The phone is in MTP mode and the machine does detect the phone has been connected (tested on 2 different machines). This happens with all HID attacks including the Rubber Ducky scripts.

The last time this happened I factory reset the phone then used TWRP to re-install the Nethunter ROM.

I don't really want to flatten the phone again! So what I'm asking is are there any logs I can take a look at to try and understand what's happening as there's no other output from the phone apart from the popup that says 'Attack executed' or whether anyone has had a similar experience or any ideas.

Cheers,

Calamita

Ok -- I've cracked it on one of my machines...

I uninstalled the Android ADB device from device manager and ticked un-install drivers too.

When re-connected in MTP mode, it worked...! Not sure on the second machine I tested this on. I'll have to do some more testing on that one...!

I think, the phone should run in debug (ADB) mode when executing the attack. Not sure about MTP, though. Try and toggle, if it doesn't work.

Now it's working (after removing drivers) MTP mode is enabled and USB debugging isn't enabled.

Tested on my second machine and it's now working there too!! May have been a device reboot on the second machine that sorted it though