Thread: Wireless network not detected during instalation

Wireless network not detected during instalation

Hello!

I have been using Kali Linux distribution in Virtual Box, but now it's time to use it directly in my laptop because I want to use the aircrack suite. I am using a macbook pro mid 2014.

I have read the tutorials of creating a live USB and the one that explains how to double boot using reedit. Before creating the double boot, first I wanted to proof the live usb. I boot from the usb and I entered in the Kali Distribution with no problem. But when I try to connect to internet I realized that no network was detected. I had read a lot of tutorials on the internet but no one gave me the solution.

Then I tried to make the instalation in order to see what would happened when the system tried to detect my network adapter. As I could imagine, the instalation process gave me a message saying that no network card was detected. But then, it gave me a list of network card names in order to select one and instal the drivers. I tried with diferent types (all that were called broadcom because my network card is a broadcom b43xx) but the process did nothing.

So I want to ask if anyone has expermiented this problem and how can I solved it.

Thank you very much

And sorry for my english level.

Regards

Hello

I have found a solution of my problem, so I will explain it just in case that anyone is facing the same problem. Here it goes:

1. Download bcmwl-kernel-source_6.30.223.248+bdcom-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb file from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source...+build/6555554
    2. In terminal, run: apt-get install dkms
    3. In terminal, run: dpkg -i bcmwl-kernel-source_6.30.223.248+bdcom-0ubuntu2_amd64.deb
    4. In terminal, run: modprobe wl

If the last command returns no errors, your wlan interface should have come to live. However, I think that this driver does not support monitoring mode for aircrack suite. I will try to find another solution for this problem.

Hope it helps.

Regards