Thread: Laptop screen doesn't come back on

Laptop screen doesn't come back on

So when I close the lid on my laptop and go to re-open it the screen will stay completely blank even though the power button shows its on and I can still luminate my keyboard.

Anyone having the same issues?

yes i also get this issue on my hp laptop, i think it is something to do with wake from suspend.

Yes I have the same issue, I close my laptop screen and it appears to be trying to enter a hibernation or sleep mode from which I can't reawaken it without temporarily removing the battery and rebooting.

I forgot to mention what my laptop was but now reading that makes me wonder if its just with HP models because I have a HP ENVY m6 and with Backtrack 5 I could do this without problems. I think it just might be a bug

Same problem here. HP DV6.

I had this issue but it has seemingly resolved itself on my system. I went to remove the battery which previously was the only way I could reboot the system (as the power button was not responsive) however this time I only pulled the battery out for a small moment before replacing it and afterwards when I opened the screen the laptop woke up and returned to it's previous state.

I'm not sure if interrupting the power supply actually had anything to do with fixing the issue or whether it was just coincidental, now however when I close the laptop screen and open it up again after some time has elapsed the system awakens itself from sleep mode properly.

I thought I'd share this aneqdote just in case however since I am now unable to reproduce the bug I'm somewhat skeptical as to whether it will have any impact - I guess it can't hurt to try it though if your system is otherwise frozen.

This problem has been going on for years across distros. Some solutions work and some don't. Look here for starters..

http://wiki.debian.org/Suspend
    Kali Linux Tools