Thread: Reaver wps default pin generater

Reaver wps default pin generater

i need help in regards to the -W option specifically against the DLink router
    i get three numbers one said to be the default
    and one with "+" next to it and another with "-" next to it
    is it safe to assume that the first number is a guess and the second two are the range the pin is in??

Quote Originally Posted by dclaymd View Post
    i need help in regards to the -W option specifically against the DLink router
    i get three numbers one said to be the default
    and one with "+" next to it and another with "-" next to it
    is it safe to assume that the first number is a guess and the second two are the range the pin is in??

The pin generation is based on a mac anddress

But each firmware works in a different way, some use the mac WLAN, others use the mac lan.

Has no way of knowing what the mac is being used, because of the amount of firmware and existing models.

On most routers, Mac is sequential and therefore of trying to generate a pin for all mac that may be being used in the default pin generation ..

This is the reason to have the generation of pin and pin +1 -1.

This would be an attempt to generate a valid pin as the characteristics of certain routers.

But this is not a generator for all models of D-Link, it tries to generate for models who are vulnerable to this technique, but the number of samples is not great that the station to make sure that vulnerable and which are not.

Therefore, test all pin generated if no work, the target router not this vulnerable or pin has already been changed manually.