Hey,

I'm desperately trying to get Kali Linux 1.1.0a (AMD64) up and running on a Macbook via SD Card and rEFInd. No luck so far.
After a week of following one guide after the other, always resulting in new and even fancier errors, i hope someone in here can finally help me.

After dd-ing the img onto a USB thump i managed to live boot it, partition the SD card as required and install the system on it. All went well until I hit the Bootloader GRUB2 installation process. When im using the defaults - install onto MBR /dev/sda - it throws an fatal error. Now I installed it on the /dev/sdc (the SD Card) witch might not have been too wise, but it went trough. Now I can see the Linux System in the EFI Boot Menu, but when I choose it, no booting is initialized. Just the loved underscore blinking alone and for ever.

Is there any way to repair the bootloader or do i have to start over? And if I have to start over, where should the GRUB installation go?

My Environment:
- MacBookPro5,3 (Intel Core 2 Duo - upgraded to 8GB RAM and SSD)
- OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)
- rEFInd 0.8.7 installed
- using Kali Linux 1.1.0a (AMD64)

Code:
$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *250.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Mac SSD                 249.2 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3
/dev/disk1
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *15.9 GB    disk1
   1:        Bios Boot Partition                         1.0 MB     disk1s1
   2:       Microsoft Basic Data                         15.2 GB    disk1s2
   3:                 Linux Swap                         699.4 MB   disk1s3
If you need any further information, just let me know! I appreciate every help i can get :)

Thanks
Ron