Thread: How to install tools and updates remotely on Nethunter using a Secure shell

How to install tools and updates remotely on Nethunter using a Secure shell

I created this thread because people like me may get bored when it needs to install tools that are not available on kali from github , and using the tablet keyboard could be anoying to do that if you have to input a lot of commands to install scripts or tools .
    This manual will show you how to start a secure shell on nethunter , and will show you also how to connect to nethunter remotely from any linux distribution in a computer on your network .

1st step : Connect to your wireless network and open nethunter in your tablet and you will see this menu popup .

Take a note of what is your IP address given by your wireless router (my case is 1.1.2.108)

2nd step : on kali menu go to the left up corner and open Kali Service control

Start the SSH (Secure shell) service on Nethunter

Step 3 : Your secure shell just started , now go to your other linux desktop computer connected on the same network and open a terminal .

You just need to write in your terminal that is opened in your linux desktop " ssh ip" (my case ssh 1.1.2.108)
    The SSH session will ask you for a password , unless you change it , the default password in nethunter is "toor" .

from that remote terminal you can install whatever you want in nethunter by using your desktop keyboard , like the example i used to get a toll from github in next picture .
    Last edited by pedropt; 2015-05-07 at 19:36.

Im having a small problem with this, after i enter my devices ip i get a request its looking for a password to "[email protected]'s password". then after a few attempts this comes up "Permission denied (publickey,password)."
    i went looking on other forums for an answer but they are all servers and such and there fix's didnt work for me.
    Im sorry to say i havent a clue whats its looking for can you help me out?
    Also in the current interfaces area i have no text at all i had to go manauly find the ip.

the default password for ssh in nethunter is "toor" .
    Before starting nethunter you have to enable your wifi on your tablet .
    After the wifi network on the tablet is established with your router then you start nethunter and then start ssh service .
    Did you enter any password when ssh service asked you ?

It worked thanks for the help the password was "toor" Thanks

Great info! Cheers. don't suppose you could tell me how to change the SSH password?

since i use my nethunter ssh only in my internal network , i never gave myself the time to change mine .
    but i believe that it works the same way as it is in any linux distribution .
    read this topic :
    http://superuser.com/questions/57127...assword-in-ssh

if you get some difficulties doing it then let me know and i will try here over the weekend .

7. Thank you for the tutorial, now my question is, how can I use my android app with Kali Linux remote SSH and how to set ssh to not keep the logs?

how can I use my android app with Kali Linux remote SSH
    Depends on the perspective , the way this tutorial is explained you can use your linux tools in nethunter remotely .
    witch means that if you want to do a nmap scanning from your nethunter remotely then you just need to write the command and nethunter will do it for you . however you can also do it from your linux station .
    I write this tutorial for people install their tools from github using a remote shell in their network , this way it will be more simple to solve possible problems in the compilation of some utilities .

how to set ssh to not keep the logs?
    good question .
    I think that logs are stored in /var/log/ directory , but ssh logs are not stored independently from system logs , usually the system logs or authentication logs are stored in auth.log file in that directory .
    while system is running the file is blocked for delete (i dont know if that file is delete then you may encounter issues ) .
    look up the net .
    look here : http://askubuntu.com/questions/57611...tivity-history

Hello,

I installed Nethunter yesterday on my nexus 6 and it went perfectly well.
    Trying to open an SSH session on my device, I start the ssh service and issue the usual command.
    My problem is that the password 'toor' doesn't work. Did they change it for nethunter 2.0?
    If I enter 'su' in a terminal session on the nexus, it doesn't ask for a password and after some research, I couldn't find any way to change or set a root password on the Nexus.
    Does anyone know if there is a ssh-config file somewhere, I didn't find any. I could store my public key and forget this password thing... ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

google search you have multiple pages to support the installation.
    Follow the instructions was successful

Have you change the PermitRootLogin to yes on the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file?? If not you will not have access to ssh with root user.

Same issue here, unable to connect via SSH.

Tried to edit the sshd_config but was unable to as the terminal emulator on my android device is very buggy.
    Can you recommend a good terminal emulator for Android?

the ssh password is the one that it cames by default with kali , however Sana version (Kali 2.0) have an option that disables the password and instead using a password for ssh connections , it creates an secure key related to a specific device that you must configure .
    This means that you can leave ssh service open to the web that no one will be able to do force passwords because the ssh will only allow the device that is configured in your nethunter with that hash .
    I did not yet put my nethunter with sana , i will do it when i get some time .
    I am not able to respond to kali 2.0 yet because i hardly get into it yet .
    Basically only my raspberry have kali 2.0 .

Hello,
    Nexus5 here 5.1.1

I canĀ“t connect via ssh. (Never tried this before)..
    I did apt-get-update upgrade and updated kali chroot.

My NH-Device as well as the client are in the same Wifi.
    I tried "ssh 192.168.2.120" on windows/putty and in Ubuntu in a virtual machine.
    And ssh localhost on the NH device, always with the same result:
    Enter password:
    Permission denied, please try again.

I tried "toor" and changed my password with passwd to something else..

By default , the ssh password is the same you use to login in kali web interface .
    try to change your password

On your device , open a terminal in kali nethunter and write this :
    sudo passwd root
    then it will ask you for a new password , write "101010" , and confirm again .
    101010 will be your new password for login as root .

then activate ssh service in your nethunter and connect your device to the same network .

on putty or ssh client , put your nethunter ip address and check if when you connect to your device if it asks for user login .
    if yes then write "root"
    then it will ask you a password , write "101010"

(dont forget to accept machine key when you connect for the first time to your nethunter using putty)

also , do a port scan on your nethunter ip address to check if port 22 is opened .

open a terminal and write on the linux machine your are trying to connect to your nethunter :
    nmap xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -p 22
    xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your nethunter ip address .
    In case you use windows , then download nmap for windows and install it , or use any other ip scanner you may find on the web (ex:angryip scanner) , and configure it to check port 22.

I believe that you don't have iptables or any firewall in your device blocking ssh connections , i think .
    Let us know what happened .
    Last edited by pedropt; 2015-12-03 at 23:14.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by pedropt View Post
    By default , the ssh password is the same you use to login in kali web interface .
    try to change your password

On your device , open a terminal in kali nethunter and write this :

then it will ask you for a new password , write "101010" , and confirm again .
    101010 will be your new password for login as root .

then activate ssh service in your nethunter and connect your device to the same network .

on putty or ssh client , put your nethunter ip address and check if when you connect to your device if it asks for user login .
    if yes then write "root"
    then it will ask you a password , write "101010"

(dont forget to accept machine key when you connect for the first time to your nethunter using putty)

also , do a port scan on your nethunter ip address to check if port 22 is opened .

open a terminal and write on the linux machine your are trying to connect to your nethunter :

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is your nethunter ip address .
    In case you use windows , then download nmap for windows and install it , or use any other ip scanner you may find on the web (ex:angryip scanner) , and configure it to check port 22.

I believe that you don't have iptables or any firewall in your device blocking ssh connections , i think .
    Let us know what happened .
    hey i tried doing this but still it dont work for me.... i am trying to connect it to my mac.. when i tried it gives me the hash than ask the password where i tried putting as well as after changing it to 101010 i tried the new one too but still it ask for the password 3 times and close the connection because fail auth attempt... plz help...

Quote Originally Posted by DaBstard View Post
    Great info! Cheers. don't suppose you could tell me how to change the SSH password?
    In nethunter terminal type passwd.

a) First install the UNIX Scripts into our device using the installer Busybox. Download the application from the link above and install it on your mobile Linux. Open the application and follow the given steps.

b) After downloading and installing it launch the application in your phone and there click the download button. After installation, you must configure Linux deployment. Linux Deploy is the official application for downloading and installing Kali Linux in android application downloads and installing it in your Android. Now open the app and follow the given steps.

c) The set of icon properties it opens to the properties screen.

d) In the properties, select the distribution must be installed. Now type in the distribution option and change it to potash Linux instead of Linux. You've pretty much included important things. Optionally, you can select your architecture, verify that the Kali mirror is correct, set your installation type and location on your Android device, etc. In general, the default value is provided. by Linux Deploy is good to start with.

e) Now scroll up and click the Install button at the top. Depending on your Internet connection speed, this process may take some time.

f) Please be patient for the complete installation process takes too long to complete and stop the SMS and voice call or Turn off SIM and use WIFI to download because of data disruption Dynamic removal of downloaded processes.

g) The starting point of services like SSH and VNC for remote access is easier. All this is done automatically by pressing the "start" button. Now you can use an SSH or VNC client to access your Kali instance.

h) Now download and install the VNC Viewer App in your Android from the play store. Now launch the app and fill in the settings.

i) Now click the Connect button. That's it, you're done. Now Kali Linux is installed in your Android.

j) To close the Kali Linux, exit from the VNC viewer and then go to the Linux Deployment and just press the Stop button and the OK button will close the mounted image. You can use Linux testing to penetrate your Android phone and it is the most common for hacking networks.