Thread: How to remote desktop your Nethunter from other linux Desktop

How to remote desktop your Nethunter from other linux Desktop

On this toturial i will show you how to create a remote desktop connection from any other computer on your network to your nethunter tablet .

Note : take note of your ip address that will show you when you open nethunter icon on your tablet .

1st step: connect to your wifi and open your Kali nethunter in your tablet and on the left menu select "Kali Laucher"

Then select "Launch Kali Menu in Terminal"

After that , this menu will open :

2nd Step : Fist we need to configure a VNC password and desktop settings , for that press 8 on your tablet and "Enter" , and you will enter in the submenu "VNC Setup"

part 1 ........

part 2 ....

Select 1 to configure a password .
    Note : Use a 6 characters password , if you are successful with this process then nethunter will ask you to verify the password again .
    Many people try "toor" as password , but that dont work .

When you finish this step then you must configure "VNC default resolution" witch is step 2 in VNC setting menu .
    Press Enter in all questions and everything will be fine , and you will return to VNC settings menu and then press 0 and "enter" to return to main nethunter menu.

3rd Step : Select Services on the menu and this menu will popup .

Select "Start VNC Server" , and your VNC server will start on port 5901 (default) on your current tablet ip address .

4th step : Go to your desktop computer and open a terminal .
    type "xtightvncviewer" , if terminal says that program is not found , then you need to install it , and for that you need to write this :
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install xtightvncviewer
    After the installation is completed on your linux desktop all you have to do is to write :

xtightvncviewer nethunterip:vncport
    (my case was : xtightvncviewer 1.1.2.108:5901)

Note : In case you have for some reason difficulties to know your nethunter ip address then open the terminal and write :
    ifconfig
    , if you are using your wifi then it should be wlan0 , you can ask the ip directly by typing in terminal
    ifconfig wlan0
    and your ip address should popup next to inet address .

xtightvncviewer will ask you for a password , the password is the one you configured in nethunter before .

after that point vnc will popup with your kali remote desktop from your nethunter .

You can use your desktop mouse and keyboard on your remote desktop nethunter .
    Last edited by pedropt; 2015-05-04 at 21:25.

Hello; I have inet interface address. But I want to connect this interface address to vnc. But I can only connect with 127.0.0.1 Why? What can I do? ifconfig is permission denied. Because my phone is not rooted. Do you think root will help? Or what?

Hi i am new to nethunter and i installed it in rootless. I have a problem to connect it in xsdl. I dont like to connect in vnc there are tut from youtube but that guy messing with hes tutorial because it doesnt have a a full info and all he want is getting famous with hes bad tut on youtube and the problem of hes tut it has too small fonts that even hes grandmother cannot see. How do i connect it with xsdl. xsdl is better than vnc because pulseaudio on xsdl is working for me when i installed debian on userland. And Linux Deploy is working with me with audio when i rooted up my phone. But i don't like to root it since im a beginner I flash the Firmware to stock and install the nethunter rootless now the problem is how to connect it with xserver xsdl. (Be UserFriendly Guys) Thanks!!!