Thread: NetHunter doesn't work on OPO

NetHunter doesn't work on OPO

tl;dr - Nethunter with CM12.1 on OPO causes boot-looping, Nethunter with CM12s on OPO works, but causes camara fcs.

Following this guide, I was able to get CM12s running with nethunter, but the camera doesn't work.
    Just thought I would share this, in case anyone else has the same issue.

Any update on NetHunter for OPO on CM12s 12.0-YNG1TAS17L? I need the camera. I have installed TWRP for my encrypted OPO. Should I try to build it from the repository?

id like it too but he tore down the links long before i could attempt it. I hate people who cut down progressive projects.

since i been using cm12.1 and left the 12s a while ago.

has anyone tried https://github.com/l0rdg3x/kali-nethunter

i know the other guide was removed. looks like it uses the same kernel as the one in the original post that worked great but had camera issues.
    looks like some of the binkybear patches to it also.

i haven't tried it but planning on checking it out later. just was wondering if anyone seen it.

I have been running OPO with Kali Nethunter fine, so maybe I share with you the steps. I called it 3 Flashes.

1. At this point I'm sure you are rooted and unlocked and developer option is enable. So I skip that part. Just let me know if you need guidance on this
    2. I would recommend to run NetHunter by using MultiROM Manager App as a Secondary ROM and install MultiROM TWRP Recovery too. Because there is addition TWRP setting for MultiROM in the Recovery Menu.
    3. Install those apps on your primary ROM as in this case is CM12
    4. Google for kali_nethunter_1.21_bacon_kitkat.zip and download it into your download folder
    5. Google for cm-11.0-XNPH05Q-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip download it into your download folder too
    6. Google for SuperSU-v2.46.zip download it into your download folder too.
    7. Reason is we going flash it 3 times. Adding secondary rom with CM11 next flash it with SUPERSU and finally flash with nethunter, then if you like you can upgrade to kali 2.0 nethunter from termial later i.e:apt-get update && apt-get upgrade.
    8. Once downloaded reboot into Recovery and make sure under Advanced>MultiRom menu is available
    9. Add ROM and choose Android option and Internal Memory option, select next and select rom source from ZIP file, navigate to your download folder and select cm-11.0-XNPH05Q-bacon-signed-fastboot.zip, swipe to flash it. [FIRST FLASH STEP]
    10. its going to be quick and reboot system, next you going to get multiboot option and choose the CM11 and boot it. this going to take some time as it load all the files for first time.
    12. Once CM11 loaded turn on the developer option, disable auto update on recovery, enable usb debuging just for future usage.
    13. Next you need to reboot back to Recovery and now we need to flash it with SuperSU because kali need root access. Select Advanced>MultiROM>List ROMs select CM11, choose Flash ZIP then browse the SuperSU-v2.46.zip and flash it. [SECOND FLASH STEP]
    14. Here I assume you have completed the rooting, don't reboot yet, just go back to Advanced>MultiROM>List ROMs , choose Flash ZIP then browse thekali_nethunter_1.21_bacon_kitkat.zip and flash it. [THIRD FLASH STEP]
    15. Finally you can reboot to system back and choose CM11.

Now you CM11 is Nethunter Edition with lot of tools to play with. You can install MultiROM manager from your CM11 for easy booting back to internal rom of CM12.

Remember don't update to CM12 because it not yet supported in CM12. I have heard some people able to work on CM12 but others don't its your choice to ignore the update.

The best thing about MultiRom that you can do hacking with dual boot mode and SDCARD is shared between this 2 roms.

Let me know if you having any trouble. Probably my dirty short tips above too summarized.

Thanks

I have it working on Cm12s. The key is getting it to work with cm12.1 and with out having to do a multi rom.

Quote Originally Posted by ldglance View Post
    I have it working on Cm12s. The key is getting it to work with cm12.1 and with out having to do a multi rom.
    Reason I prefer MultiROM is because you can isolate your environment when you do pentesting or active reconnaissance. Because tools that you might use or install in NetHunter might compromised your real life that you use frequently. If you not considering that as paranoia, I guess its fine.

Quote Originally Posted by seClusiO View Post
    Reason I prefer MultiROM is because you can isolate your environment when you do pentesting or active reconnaissance. Because tools that you might use or install in NetHunter might compromised your real life that you use frequently. If you not considering that as paranoia, I guess its fine.
    no you are very correct in that. though since android 5.1 is the newest we try to develop forward. we have it working on cm12 and cm11. but with anything you keep moving forward and that is what we are trying to do here.

i personally have mine in a multirom on cm12.