Thread: How to install all tools from Kali Linux into Nethunter

How to install all tools from Kali Linux into Nethunter

I am creating this topic but it will be very appriciated if anyone who have a second opinion to write down .

If you dont know , Nethunter does not arrive with all the penetrations and exploiting tools that Kali Linux have in their repository , i think that happens because of the space needed and also because some tools are not probably compatible with Arm7 .

Kali Linux menu avaliable tools : http://tools.kali.org/tools-listing

But many tools from the menu from kali have already arm7 support , so you can install them individually (witch will take an eternity) , or you can all in a row and then remove the packages that are in conflict .

To do this you will need 800M of space avaliable in your tablet .

I strongly advice for you to do it using a secure shell from another computer in your network , to do that follow this tutorial :
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...a-Secure-shell

In case you want to do it by typing the commands on your tablet , it will work too .

1st : Open Nethunter in your tablet and start a terminal session as root and write this :
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get install kali-linux-full -y

Note : After you insert the last lines , Nethunter will show you all the packages needed to be installed , there are a lot of packages , but in my image is showing only the ones i have removed , because i have already tested this , and i don't want to remove 800M again .

After a long wait of installation you will get a screen pointing you to configure mysql server , and it asks you for a password .

Put any password you want , because we will remove mysql later from Nethunter .

After everything installed you will get this message from your nethunter :

dpkg: error processing kali-linux-full (--configure):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    miredo
    mysql-server-5.5
    mysql-server
    kali-linux
    kali-linux-full
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Now it is time to remove only the packages that don't work with Nethunter and leave the rest installed , and for that you write in terminal .

sudo apt-get purge miredo mysql-server mysql-server-5.5

After this point , Nethunter will remove only those packages and will leave the others .

And then you can try an update , upgrade and dist upgrade in a row to check if everything is right .
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -y
    From now on you can call your favorite tool you use to work in your desktop kali linux in your nethunter .
    Last edited by pedropt; 2015-05-04 at 22:25.

wine working too?

wine is an emulation tool to execute windows programs , i don't think it will work on nethunter .
    Kali-linux-full installation it will only install the penetration tools in Kali linux menu , not additional programs .

Note : i have just edited the first post to let everyone knows witch tools are installed in kali .
    Last edited by pedropt; 2015-05-04 at 22:24.

Okay, i know what is wine, but i saw a nethunter video in youtube and there are working wine...

Wine utility is not installed in the same package as Kali-linux-full is , i never try to execute a windows program in nethunter , but my guess for that to work is that you have to establish a remote desktop on your nethunter to get access to your xfce linux , and then execute wine from there .
    Basically the steps to do that are here with a little difference :
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...-linux-Desktop

Instead using a different computer to remote desktop your nethunter , you will use your android vnc client in your tablet to open your linux xfce .
    the ip to access your internal linux installation will be something like this : 127.0.0.1 and the port will be 5901 .

Okay bro, i know how i get vnc session, i just want to know how i can install wine in nethunter, because i think it is working on nethunter, because i saw this in youtube video.

I think that is not possible because wine was not build to work in arm architectures , and much less in nethunter .
    however , it could be possible that someone and somehow have build an apk for android that may allow that to happen .
    Read this next link :
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/02...ibility-layer/

Okay, i wrote the person how uploaded the video on youtube, if he tell me how to, i write here
    /sry for my bad eng/

No , please dont do that on this Topic .
    Create your own topic in here https://forums.kali.org/forumdisplay...tHunter-How-To

explaining how to do it for users that may need .

of course, if i get answer and this is working i started new thread

I was looking more closely to the web about wine working on arm devices and i found a git at : http://wiki.winehq.org/ARM
    I am making the installation of it right now , i dont know if it will work , at least the configuration steps worked fine and it is making the compiling , after that i have to do the install command , if i get it to work i let you know .

Last edited by beloadjoker; 2015-05-05 at 22:11.

Well i was able to compile and install wine into my nethunter , but running solitaire gives me an error , i did not compile the images decompressors into wine compilation .
    But it will work if you look more further into the net in how to do it right .
    Basically it is working , and here it is the screencaps from my shell :

and a screencapture from the nethunter remote desktop .

the steps i used to make the basic installation was to clone their git at : git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git (140M)
    and then i configured , compiled and install it .
    look further on the net to do it the proper way .

Nice, thank you

I get an error "tmp-mksh: apt-get not found"
    I am running Nethunter 1.2 on nexus 7

I get an error "tmp-mksh: apt-get not found"
    I am running Nethunter 1.2 on nexus 7
    I have no idea why you are writing that error in this thread , because that error is not related with this post , and using these instructions it is impossible for that error to popup .

I am getting the same error as mirceap when I input the 1st suggested command by OP

pedropt:

I just SSH'ed into my NT device (Nexus 9) and did the installed all tools via your instructions...is these still the only tools not supported on NetHunter?:

dpkg: error processing kali-linux-full (--configure):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    miredo
    mysql-server-5.5
    mysql-server
    kali-linux
    kali-linux-full
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Now it is time to remove only the packages that don't work with Nethunter and leave the rest installed , and for that you write in terminal .
    sudo apt-get purge miredo mysql-server mysql-server-5.5

Thanks

is these still the only tools not supported on NetHunter?
    In Nethunter 2.0 those were the packages that were giving problems on installation , in net hunter 3.0 i did not yet test it .
    However it is important to say here that i did it on Nexus 7 2012 .