Thread: Multiple monitor modes missing in Airmon-ng

Multiple monitor modes missing in Airmon-ng

Afternoon,

With the recent update, I have found I unable to create multiple monitor interfaces, and as such the Wifi-Honey pot tool is also now broken. Seeing as Kali has now moved from mon0 to wlan0mon how do we create multiple monitor interfaces?

corniche

Are you having trouble making multiple monitor mode interfaces with her airmon-ng or is your script not making them for you?

I have no issues making multiple interfaces and other airmon-ng
    chown -R us ./base

Alot of scripts gonna have to be tweaked. With some it works if u make the moniter your self b4 executing the script......with others script just fails.

The programmer of aircrack sugguest u contact who ever wrote the script for updates, he's not changing airmon-ng back to old method. Offers the source if your inclined to code it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by staticn0de View Post
    Are you having trouble making multiple monitor mode interfaces with her airmon-ng or is your script not making them for you?

I have no issues making multiple interfaces and other airmon-ng
    Sorry, two separate issues, wifi-honey pot tool is failing due to its script defaulting to mon0 not the new wlan0mon. Manually creating multiple wlan0mon isn't working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nuroo View Post
    Alot of scripts gonna have to be tweaked. With some it works if u make the moniter your self b4 executing the script......with others script just fails.

The programmer of aircrack sugguest u contact who ever wrote the script for updates, he's not changing airmon-ng back to old method. Offers the source if your inclined to code it yourself.
    The last commit to the script is from 2012 for wifi honey, whether or not the actual author of the tool would be wanting to implement an update, I guess I won't know until asked, however I think I might have a go myself. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

MTeams raised this warning a few days ago.

Read the comments https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ack-ng-1-2-rc2. They consider this wonderful feature in the older airmon-ng a bug.

The newer airmon-ng is killing all the legacy programs. What they need to do us give us a choice to use the older airmon-ng or the newer version. Just name the newer version something else and let us choose. In the end users are just going to work around this problem anyway.