Thread: Bricked a Nexus 7 (2013 WiFi)

Angry Bricked a Nexus 7 (2013 WiFi)

I followed the instructions here for a Nexus 7.

http://www.nethunter.com/prepare/

When I installed TWRP, I should have been able to reboot to the unmodified OS. Instead, it opened TWRP and said there was no OS installed. I tried rebooting from TWRP, but the OS was missing. I went to recovery mode, and it could not find any /cache or /usr partitions. I went to flash boot and flashed a new factory image. Instead of rebooting, it now goes directly to the Nexus robot with the back panel open. I can access the ADB sideloader, but that does not replace the boot loader.

I believe the bootloader is now dead and the Nexus is hard bricked.

Two questions:

(1) There really is nothing I can do to fix this, right?

(2) If I get a new one and want to retry this, is there anyone out there who has experience successfully doing this with the same make and model?

If you wish to be hired as a consultant, I am willing to do this route as it is cheaper than replacing a Nexus 7.

Thanks!

Obitori

obitori,

Just use the Wugfresh Nexus Root Toolkit on a Windows box. You will easily be able to flash back to stock and unbrick the bootloader or anything else you may have screwed up.

Sometimes when you brick the n7 it will really not do *anything* no matter what buttons you push, or in what press sequence. I've bricked mine many times. The only thing I have found which always fixes it, even if it does not at first appear to be doing anything; is to first use the stock cable and just leave it directly charging for awhile (not from a computer). It may not boot successfully, but it will eventually power back up in a couple of hours max. Then use NRT and reflash the device, unroot it,etc. You will be able to roll back whatever you did incorrectly or had happen. Re-enable developer mode and you will be all set to retry your n7 install. Try using the Windows Nethunter Installer if you can when you get back to the stock Android img; it makes all of this way too easy

wugfresh dot com backslash nrt

c
    Last edited by clone; 2015-05-17 at 07:29.