Thread: Windows Installer Bricked my Nexus 4 ?

Unhappy Windows Installer Bricked my Nexus 4 ?

Hi All !

I had a spare Nexus 4, perfectly working. I decided to try Nethunter via the windows installer.

Everything went very well until step #6. Then one of the fastboot flash failed "Too many links".

Fastboot.exe cashed (windows error) and Windows Defender popped up.

Now phone is stuck at the Google Logo (Normal booting), sometimes, after 3-4 minutes, Windows recognize a device (plug in sound).

I can put the phone in fastboot mode but all restore have failed. (fastboot flast userdata fails, sometimes it's about sig something or too many links or write command failed.)

Recovery Mode gives an exclamation mark and red triangle.

It's been a few days, tried Nexus tools, Tried normal ADB fastboot and try to fix it via the stock image from google ...

Help me please ...

masterfred - What errors do you get when flashing stock images from google? Have you tried flash a different recovery like TWRP?

Cool don't panic

Quote Originally Posted by masterfred View Post
    Hi All !

I had a spare Nexus 4, perfectly working. I decided to try Nethunter via the windows installer.

Everything went very well until step #6. Then one of the fastboot flash failed "Too many links".

Fastboot.exe cashed (windows error) and Windows Defender popped up.

Now phone is stuck at the Google Logo (Normal booting), sometimes, after 3-4 minutes, Windows recognize a device (plug in sound).

I can put the phone in fastboot mode but all restore have failed. (fastboot flast userdata fails, sometimes it's about sig something or too many links or write command failed.)

Recovery Mode gives an exclamation mark and red triangle.

It's been a few days, tried Nexus tools, Tried normal ADB fastboot and try to fix it via the stock image from google ...

Help me please ...
    Hello ... if you can get to fast boot mode (I will assume its scratch otherwise) you want to install twrp (if not already installed) got to reset WIPE ALL DATA put your new os on install via twrp and your up and going.... if you can't use abd to do this youeself message me... bit no offese intended ifyou can't use adb dont do this again... if you can you probably hit a small snag don't panic... sorry for late reply I'm not offensive staff just an enthusiast and lover of all offensive. Products since 05