Thread: EFI boot loader for 32 bit CPU

EFI boot loader for 32 bit CPU

Hi ,
    my laptop is HP envy X2 PC , with 32 bit CPU , i tried so many days to boot from USB to run kali (kali-linux-1.1.0a-i386) live version with no luck . i found the problem that i have to make this path /EFI/BOOT and i must put the file bootia32.efi in there to boot , but the problem that kali comes only with BOOTX64.efi only even if i download kali-linux-1.1.0a-i386, i tried to download bootia32.efi from different sites and but it there , it worked but it came to grub> and i dont know how to move on . when i change the file name from BOOTX64.efi into bootia32.efi it works fine and boot to kali first screen and when i select first option - live one - it hangs after :
    loading /live/initrd.img ..... ok
    and nothing happen.
    i believe that i have to get the right version of bootia32.efi file for kali linux for 32-bit CPU , am i right ?

install refind to the root directory of your boot hd. it includes 32 bit drivers and will properly install them.
    use 'install.sh --notesp'

thanks for your answer, but can you explain more please , and kindly note that i want to run in from the flash "Live" i don't want to install it in my pc.

I also got the same problem I can't get to the boot loader.

Make sure your system is set to uefi prior to trying to recognize the usb in uefi. In some computers this may require up to two restarts for the usb to be recognized as a uefi bootable drive. Make sure that it was done with rufus using the DD_mode. This will create a seperate ESP partition on the USB that treats it like an actual drive rather than just an iso that has all of the files. Also make sure you boot priority is set correctly.