Thread: PixieWPS - Reaver - Aireplay

Exclamation PixieWPS - Reaver - Aireplay

Hello,

I am trying to crack my router, and noticed something odd:
    I have used reaver and pixiewps to successfully obtain the pin for my router.

I used the following commands:
    ifconfig down
    airmon-ng start wlan0

I use this command to associate with the AP. Otherwise, reaver keeps shatting on itself saying it cannot associate with AP

aireplay-ng -1 6000 -o 1 -q 10 -a <BSSID> wlan0mon

Next, using the following command:
    reaver -i wlan0mon -b <BSSID> -c 11 -K 1 -vv -A -S -N X

I receive nothing but start/stop attempts, spam retrying of the same (and only one attempted) pin again and again. No progress beyond 0%.

-------------------
    Now, when I use this same command with the newest version of aircrack-ng and reaver --- PixieWPS finds my pin immediately.

a command is then instantiated "trying reaver again w/ pin" and the command is as follows:
    reaver -i wlan0mon -b <BSSID> -c 1 -s y -vv -p <PIN>

beautiful! I get excited, thinking this will work.... nothing happens. It spam says
    "WARNING: Failed to associate with <BSSID> (<ESSID>)

I figure "no big, I'll associate via aireplay like i did before!"
    so i run the a same aireplay command, and I get a new error:

"DENIED (code 12), wrong ESSID or WPA?" ------- the aireplay site states that this is because -1 option for fake auth cannot be used on WPA ---- but I've been using it successfully, and it is the only way I can get reaver to associte

---------
    I figure "NO BIG!" reboot, reassociate, re-run reaver w/ the new pin ---- except now my AP is PERMANENTLY STATING THIS!!!! I cannot associate with it at all. I tried this same thing with another old router that also has WPS enabled, and SAME problem!

Pixiewps in conjunction with the new reaver seem to have frozen my AP and I cannot access it. Please halp!

try using bully... it may be a problem with reaver, but it also may not. there are literally 1000000 things that could be going wrong.
    Code:
    bully wlan0mon -b xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -e SSID -c X -p PIN

Quote Originally Posted by soxrok2212 View Post
    try using bully... it may be a problem with reaver, but it also may not. there are literally 1000000 things that could be going wrong.
    Code:
    bully wlan0mon -b xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx -e SSID -c X -p PIN
    Thanks for the response! I tried bully, and I had to add -B for bruteforce option, as it did not like the 8 character pin.

Doing this, I was told "The AP doesn't appear to be WPS enabled (no WPS IE)

Yet both wash -i and reaver said it was WPS enabled and reaver even found a pin with pixie.... I'm confused.

ok try something else that worked for me today with bully.
    Use only the 7 first number of the pin and take away the bruteforce command
    tell me how it goes

It's most likely that the router u configured WPS but it is still enabled. There is on router I know that did that. If you look in the beacon frames in wireshark, it'll say wpS is enabled but not configured. It's strange haha