Thread: How to install Wifite-mod-pixiewps and reaver-wps-fork-t6x to nethunter

mkdir backup
    cd backup
    git clone https://github.com/derv82/wifite.git
    git clone https://github.com/aanarchyy/wifite-mod-pixiewps.git
    git clone https://github.com/t6x/reaver-wps-fork-t6x.git
    git clone https://github.com/wiire/pixiewps.git
    apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y && apt-get dist-upgrade -y
    sudo apt-get install libpcap-dev aircrack-ng sqlite3 libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev -y
    cd pixiewps/src/
    make && make install
    cd /root/backup/reaver-wps-fork-t6x/src/
    ./configure
    make && make install
    cp /root/backup/wifite/wifite.py /usr/bin/wifite
    chmod +x /usr/bin/wifite
    cp /root/backup/wifite-mod-pixiewps/wifite-ng /usr/bin/wifite-ng
    chmod +x /usr/bin/wifite-ng
    my issue is when i tried running the commands in red, it fails on the ./configure with:
    "checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
    error: pcap library not found!"

make && make install fail after
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

any ideas? tried to get the pcap, wasn't sure where from.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeworx View Post
    my issue is when i tried running the commands in red, it fails on the ./configure with:
    "checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
    error: pcap library not found!"

make && make install fail after
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

any ideas? tried to get the pcap, wasn't sure where from.
    Lol? you don't need to follow this guide because pixiewps is already in wifite simply run wifite --pixiewps or at least run wifite -h for options and you will see the command in there you might have messed up your nethunter by trying to do what you did so.... don't be to surprised if wifite doesn't work correctly.

You only follow this guide if you're using like the old nethunter if you're on nethunter 3 its already install within wifite

Quote Originally Posted by localhost View Post
    Lol? you don't need to follow this guide because pixiewps is already in wifite simply run wifite --pixiewps or at least run wifite -h for options and you will see the command in there you might have messed up your nethunter by trying to do what you did so.... don't be to surprised if wifite doesn't work correctly.

You only follow this guide if you're using like the old nethunter if you're on nethunter 3 its already install within wifite
    Lol indeed, I had run wifite already without doing much and realized after i'd done this that I broke something, wifite-ng runs but doesn't do much and wifite doesn't period, complains about MAC changes (old mac before assignment or something similar)

Clean install?

Quote Originally Posted by orangeworx View Post
    Clean install?
    Unless you have nothing better to do all day other than trying to repair it a clean install would save you a lot of time.
    Sorry that wasted your time by trying this things change and stuff gets added and sometimes old guides lead people to stuff like this this is pretty common on a lot of the videos I release people try to follow them and because stuff changes it tends to cause people hassles.

This is another reason I wanted to build my own distro :B

Quote Originally Posted by localhost View Post

At the time this guide was written , pixiewps was just released and was not yet in kali repo , you had to to it manually .
    Right now , pixiewps is installed automatically in apt-get update , the wifite and wifite-ng option in this guide is because some people like me , sometimes don't need pixiewps to crack down an AP , and normal wifite tool is more faster that wifite-ng .

To be honest , i prefer do to it manually using reaver or bully where i can implement some important switches in the attack , and if i use the wifite script some errors could appear .
    For an example : if the Access point does not accept reaver association then wifite will fail on that AP , while if you do it manually you can always run in another terminal aireplay to do that job .

Wifite is simple for those who are starting in this area , or for those who want to check their own AP security flaws in the easiest way .
    Anyway ....
    Next time check the date of first post .

to orangeworx : apt-get install make gcc libpcap-dev
    Last edited by pedropt; 2016-02-09 at 04:44 PM.

ok , Thanks for posting