Hi everyone,

I Truly hope I can get some help since I've been searching the internet for nearly a week with no help or solution. I am trying to learn Pentesting, and am reading the book Pentesting: A hands on introduction to hacking. This requires me to set up a Virtual environment, including Kali Linux 1.0.6 so I can follow along exactly as in the book.
I have run into the problem of not having enough space for Kali. Only 25gb is defaulted, and I need much more.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Kali Linux 1.0.6 5 times, each time trying to figure out how to remove the default 25gb for the boot partition, and always failing. I cannot resize through gpartition editor within Kali since it is in use and cannot be unmounted (at least, my limited knowledge doesn't allow).

If anyone can help me with this matter, I would be incredibly grateful! Thus far I've found a few posts made years ago on these forums with this same problem but no one replied to the posts and no solutions have been made.

As I am just starting out and very limited in my knowledge (which is why I'm going through this trouble, trying to learn), please forgive me for my ignorance and let me know if I need to provide any further information.

Kali Version: Kali Linux 1.0.6
Installation: VMWare
Command output: Currently unknown which ones necessary
Error messages: N/A
No links,
And solutions attempted mentioned above.

Thank you again!