Thread: Kali on Raspberry Pi 2- w/ 3.5 LCD, NetGear N150 USB adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

Kali on Raspberry Pi 2- w/ 3.5 LCD, NetGear N150 USB adapter [Realtek RTL8188CUS]

I have Kali 1.1 running great on Raspberry 2 (updated), but am trying to set up a ad-hoc or access point so I can connect to it with any device and manage it headless.. I had this working great on Raspberry B+,
    So far it's broadcasting the SSID, but when trying to connect to it, it times out with any device I have tried and went from encrypted to open security. I have DHCP running.
    I am keeping this sweet and short. I can respond with any info/log files/ suggestions

I am searching for others who have done this successfully. I have tried everything for weeks. I have tried so many "How-to's" on google..

Thanks for any help..

Cheers..

Access point w/ RTL8188CUS - Raspberry 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I have Kali 1.1 running great on Raspberry 2 (updated), but am trying to set up a ad-hoc or access point so I can connect to it with any device and manage it headless.. I had this working great on Raspberry B+,
    So far it's broadcasting the SSID, but when trying to connect to it, it times out with any device I have tried and went from encrypted to open security. I have DHCP running.
    I am keeping this sweet and short. I can respond with any info/log files/ suggestions

I am searching for others who have done this successfully. I have tried everything for weeks. I have tried so many "How-to's" on google..

Thanks for any help..

Cheers..
    ANYONE have any idea??

Hello Wilsonb,

Q quick google yielded this possible solution:
    https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi/AdHoc

It should work since Kali I believe is on debian.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post

Thanks for any help..

Cheers..
    Hello Wilsonb

Sorry for driving out of the topic, but may I ask you which kali image did you use (link preferably)? I've been having trouble with it on RPi2

Thanks buddha-hacker, didn't work.
    Iv'e been searching for months..

Quote Originally Posted by X0RchidIA View Post
    Hello Wilsonb

Sorry for driving out of the topic, but may I ask you which kali image did you use (link preferably)? I've been having trouble with it on RPi2
    https://www.offensive-security.com/k...mage-download/

That worked for me "out of the box"