Thread: Is there a way to check if my Kali installation is infected?

Is there a way to check if my Kali installation is infected?

Is there a way to check if my Kali installation is infected with keyloggers and any other malware?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thanhtung View Post
    how are you dear error.
    It is after all just a forum
    FFS! is it so difficult giving a answer that he can use? Perhaps your on the wrong forum then.

Dude, I had almost the same question tho I asked it for CentOS running a webserver this is what they told me. First if you downloaded Kali from an external source other then Offensive Security, in that case theres a decent chance. There isnt much that you can do about it other then scanning it for possible virusses, I recommend downloading clamav go here for usage: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ClamAV. If clamav doesnt find anything, I really urge you to just reinstall kali as it comes with more then enough tools preinstalled that most users need for theire job.

I forgot to mention that if you want to be sure you got the official download, download it from OS and after downloading AND BEFORE installing check the hash that OS gives with each download that way you can make sure that the download has not been compromised.

If its an possibility think about running kali from VM, you can install customise whatever you want and you take an easy to use Snapshot that doesnt take up any time if you think your infected you just rollback to that snapshot.

Now you should be able to make sure that your installation hasnt been comprimised and IF and only if you get infected its cause of a mistake you made.

Good luck,

Renegade

I forgot to mention that if you want to be sure you got the official download, download it from OS and after downloading AND BEFORE installing check the hash that OS gives with each download that way you can make sure that the download has not been compromised.

i wonder how it would be infected with keyloggers... where you get it from ? and why you don't just download it from kali.org ... this way you will live in peace ... peace of mind
    KaliTut A blog dedicated to Penetration Testing, Tutorials on hacking and security
    [CENTER]

Try scanning it with an anti-virus.

netstat -atu
    if you see any higher port opened then check the web for that port .
    Keyloggers and trojans always connect to server to deliver the captured package .
    configure iptables because the iptables in kali linux by default is a open firewall without any rules applied .

it has got metasploit.in metas numeraus kit(exploit,malicious kod. etc.. ).You can check your pc with pentesting...and you must be carefully when you use kali with root mode.