Thread: USB live boot works fine, but only sometimes?! *mid 2011 macbook pro, dd scripted USB

Question USB live boot works fine, but only sometimes?! *mid 2011 macbook pro, dd scripted USB

hello!

so I've got a really irritating bug im hoping somebody can help me fix...
    Following reading some posts here I have run the terminal dd command line and installed my iso on a memory stick.

my result at the boot menu is "mac SSD", and "backup", then on the usb side: "Windows" which is the kali boot, and also "EFI boot" this is fine every time. the usb is always recognised as two bootable sources.

I get the usual "probing edd" boot hang in all modes but "edd=off" sorts that out and kali boots up and runs fine. internet, wireless etc. etc. its all good.

the problem: It takes me at least 5-10 attempts to boot it, every time! doesn't matter how i do it. start, restart, efi boot first, straight to "windows" whatever. 90% of the time i get a white screen and then nothing. then i keep trying again and again and it will suddenly boot and run flawlessly

im sure I've just overlooked something silly... hoping somebody here can help
    thanks guys!
    Last edited by rAWjAW; 2015-06-18 at 17:41. Reason: removed minor profanity