Hi, I successfully created two live USB installs, one as a backup. I tested it and set it aside. I've been using the 2nd stick for a couple weeks. Today I start up and it doesn't work. I load Windows and get the instant message: Please format disk in drive F:. I can't read it or anything. I reformat and test, it can be used fine. I install Kali again. Again the drive becomes bricked. I download a new copy, and again format and install, and again it is bricked.

Finally deciding to solve this later, I pull out my backup drive, which has been used only once in the past, and worked fine. I boot up, it doesn't work. I load windows to look at it and... it's bricked. ***?

I have tried creating my USB with the win32 program suggested on the site, with Linux Live USB, and with Rufus. In the past, the only program that created working sticks was the win32. However now, I have found that with Linux Live and Rufus, I can create (nonbooting) sticks that nonetheless can be read. When I use win32 (I tested on two brand new out of box sticks) it bricks them. But it created the original two working sticks.

So i'm back to square one, after a couple weeks using Kali just fine, I can't get Kali onto this machine again.