Hi All Thanks in advance for any help.

Been trying to revitalize my macbook pro to learn more about Kali and Linux in general. I'm a newbie/ student so O apologize in advance for any dumb questions.

Using OSX 10.6.8 ( Snow Leopard-- highest OS I can install with my Macbook Pro/ 2GB/ 140GB HD/ USB and DVD/ 32but and am getting different and confusing articles on installing it throughout the net.

1. Firstly, Can I even do it with Snow Leopard?
2. Do I even need XCode to run it at all? Because finding Command Line Tools in Xcode 3.2.6 under downloads ) as one article wrote-- Isn't available.
3. I only want to learn by crawling before I run so basic install with all of Kali's great tool would be awesome. (Am I asking too much?)
4. Terminal install? Macports? Github? KVM? Postresql? Brew? etc....There seems to be so many different variations... I'm pretty simple and unfortunately with an older macbook to start.
5. Lastly, the linux/ OSX/ ubuntu etc question? Recommendations on what would just work with what I have are truly appreciated!

Thank you!!

Thanks again in advance as I have searched quite a bit for quite some time online and would like to start with what I have.