Thread: Wi-Fi scan on Parallels Desktop, virtual machine

Wi-Fi scan on Parallels Desktop, virtual machine

Hi there,
    i've a problem on Parallels Desktop 10.2.1 with the bridge network (I'm using on the Virtual Machine the parallels tools).
    I would scan wifi network through Kali linux, but it shows me just eth0... where is wlan0?
    I went in the network settings of parallels, under the menu "bridged network" there are options:
    • Standard adapter
    • wi-fi
    • ethernet
    • p2p0

In really i tried all of these options, in all cases I never see the wlan0 on virtual machine.
    i tried also with different "NIC": Virtio adapter, Realtek and Intel..

How to resolve?! thank you all!

Virtual Machines can't see a lot of your hardware, since they're virtual machines. They don't have direct access to anything, though you can for certain things (unfortunately NICs you can not).

To be able to use wireless networks in a Virtual Machine, you need a USB Wireless Adapter. For penetration testing, I'd recommend the Alfa AWUS036H, but be careful when you purchase because there are a lot of fakes. A few legit sellers I've personally bought from are:

http://www.reaversystems.com/collect.../alfa-awus036h - Got my most recent one here, completely legit, the cheapest, and has a custom casing.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Alfa-Net...item19c8a5b4d0 - Also bought one from here, Rokland, and theirs are legit too.