Thread: script - Listening for client mac (wifi) - feedback request

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. script - Listening for client mac (wifi) - feedback request

Heya guys & galz,

I would like to ask some kind souls whether they may be interested in wasting a bit of time in checking out, and commenting on, a script made to check for the presence of client macs.

Basically the script uses tshark to check for probe requests, parses the info to a temporary file from which info is taken and shown on screen.

I am particularly interested in what the feelings are on the scans for specific MAC addresses / specific probed ESSIDs as well as the white and black list usage.
    The actual listing of probing MACs from phones / wireless NICs seems to work pretty OK.

For general usage the basic info is sufficient, however I would suggest to read the full help (option -H).

The most used option is likely as follows ;

Code:
    ./shee.sh -i mon0 -M 3 -dus

I would greatly appreciate feedback and (constructive) criticism on how to improve what has been quite a bit of fun writing & testing ^^

Some error checks are included and have done quite a bit to make it easy to use, however if you run into errors / bugs, your feedback truly appreciated.

Thanks !

If I manage to motivate myself enough I might consider making a github, but for now the below is fine
    download;
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/vz2nea6bv1hq779/shee.sh

EDIT
    --------
    The vendor information is very dependant on an upto date oui.txt as I recently found out when testing on new Samsung S6 mobiles, so I would recommend getting the latest list from ieee.standards.org and pointing the script to same (line 46), or use the -U switch and download ;
    Code:
    ./shee.sh -U
    Last edited by TAPE; 2015-06-24 at 21:31.