Thread: Problem with USB kali install

Problem with USB kali install

I have the 64bit iso successfully installed on a USB using USB universal. I'm trying to run it on a Toshiba Satellite C55-A. The processor is an Intel i3-3120M and the system type is a 64 bit OS and I'm running windows 8.1. When I boot the USB, the screen goes black and after a few seconds in the upper left of the screen it says Media(fail), then Media(fail) again, then starts booting windows. Any idea what Im doing wrong

It seems that your BIOS doesn't recognize your kali OS. Have your tried to change your BIOS settings (UEFI etc..)? I don't have a UEFI motherboard, so i can't tell you what to do, but remember that Google is your friend.

P.S. This is a message that i've found in a forum, talking about your same problem:
    "That message means the motherboard either doesn't see your harddrive, or that it sees it, but doesn't see an operating system installed on it. See if your hard drive shows up in the BIOS/UEFI, if not check your hard drive cables. If it does show up, something's wrong with your OS."