Thread: Ettercap is not starting

Question Ettercap is not starting

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Kali Linux. I have little experience with it. Anyways- getting to the point -I'm trying to sniff network traffic like passwords and stuff over my network. I was told to use ettercap, which I did. At the time I was logged in as root, but I was having trouble with other programs telling me I was an "under priveledged user". As far as I could see.. The programs still worked (btw wireshark was the program that told me that, but it still opened). When I was logged in as root, ette cap opened but it wasn't working... I wasn't able to scan hosts... I tried to turn sniffer on and scan for hosts but it still wasn't working. So I made another account and labled it administrator. Wireshark doesn't display the privelege message anymore, however Ettercap is not working anymore. I was wondering if there was a known fix for this, or are their any other programs that will allow me to sniff passwords and site date via local network?

-Thank you

You gotta get down with the arp spoofing son!

Kidding ... sorta, but cant sniff anything unless your the man in the middle with passwords going across your lan.