Thread: Repeated Wi-Fi password prompt in Parallels and VirtualBox

Repeated Wi-Fi password prompt in Parallels and VirtualBox

Hi all, I'm trying to connect to my school's WPA-2 PEAP, but when I set it up it repeatedly prompts me for my password even though I saved it when I set up the network connection. I've been reading forums and trying multiple suggestions for days now and nothing seems to work.

I'm currently running:
    2014 MBP with Parallels 10.0.1/VirtualBox 4.3.28
    Kali 1.0.1a installed as Debian
    ALFA AWUS036H/TP-LINK TL-WN722N

wlan0 shows up with the correct mac address of my USB dongle with ifconfig and I'm able to connect to non-password protected access points. If I do "airmon-ng start wlan0" and "airodump-ng mon0" I'm able to see that it's working.

I've tried more suggestions than I can even remember at this point including:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/45697...ca-certificate
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/27976...nterprise-peap

I've tried both Parallels and VirtualBox as well as both ALFA AWUS036H and TP-LINK TL-WN722N and the problem persists with all combinations.

Has anyone else run into a similar issue? I can post more details or logs if anyone thinks they would be useful. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Edit: Another thing that I've noticed is that the connection will always work the very first time on a fresh install, but after about 5 minutes it disconnects and will not reconnect even if I delete it from NetworkManager and redo the connection.
    Last edited by haken29a; 2015-07-15 at 02:36. Reason: additional information