I'm running Kali on Linux Deploy via Android and everything worked great until I decided to do an:

apt-get update && apt-get -y upgrade && apt-get -y dist-upgrade

The package "miredo" does not configure and/or install properly, therefore making the meta package "kali-linux-full" not happy with that dependency failing. I have tried everything I know about broken deps, packages to fix this.....

So I decided to do and do an 'apt-get purge miredo' and POOF, my entire meta package of 'kali-linux-full' decided to remove itself thus rendering my nice clean install of Kali completely useless.

I have searched everywhere and cannot get a straight answer.

My main questions are:

1. CAN a package that is inside of a META package be removed without removing the entire META package (in my case: kali-linux-full)
2. If answer = YES { **HOW** can this be done } elseif answer = NO { ** THAT IS LAME ** because 99% of the packages inside of the META package have nothing to do with the package being removed as a dependency }

Please bear with me, I am very frustrated that I have to re-install everything from scratch and I would like to do it properly without spending hours troubleshooting stupid things. I'm sure many people using meta packages must want to know if individual packages can be removed without blowing away their entire system. Thanks for any help!