Thread: lorcon-old (& plylorcon - for airdrop-ng) – anybody have it?

lorcon-old (& plylorcon - for airdrop-ng) – anybody have it?

Hi there. The source for lorcon-old & pylorcon, required for airdrop-ng, is down. The airdrop installer collects both packages from http://802.11ninja.net which has been offline for a couple of weeks now; in fact it seems the domain hasn’t been renewed since it expired…

The only other source for lorcon I could find was on code.google, but that’s lorcon2 API solidified & aircrack-ng’s airdrop page specifically calls for lorcon-old aka lorcon version 1.

If anyone has lorcon-old aka lorcon version 1 it would be a valuable resource to make available to the community.

Thanks! aG
    Last edited by aGravity; 2015-07-25 at 09:15.

Wow, there is a way to get it working using lorcon2 & I finally got it working from a post right here on these forums: https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...and-lorcon2%29

Look for post # 6

You will still have problems at the point where it says to "now say yes to everything" during the airdrop-ng install (why the manual install of lorcon & pylorcon previously when the airdrop-ng installer would usually handle it I don't know, but it's required now that their source via the airdrop-ng installer is offline). When running the airdrop-ng installer, just say "yes" to airdrop-ng & "no" to lorcon & pylorcon - if you follow the steps in post #6 you will already have installed these two items.

The key to get airdrop-ng working is in the last three steps of post # 6 where you manually move both airdrop & the airdrop-ng script to /usr/bin.

There are a few spelling mistakes (looks like the instructions were originally pulled from a foreign site) but nothing you won't figure out by pure logic.

Still, if anyone has lorcon-old aka lorcon version 1, that would be super.

Cheers, aG

PS. thanks to Kali Linux Forums members Vulpi & brazen who originally posted enough material on this site to make this resolution possible
    Last edited by aGravity; 2015-07-25 at 10:02. Reason: thanks

Could you post how functional your install of airdrop is in kali-linux after you test it. We used it alot in the Backtrack days BUT when we installed it on kali-linux it did some strange things to our monitors. We started getting designations like mmon0 etc.
    That being said here is a link to an excellant tutorial from Tape:

http://adaywithtape.blogspot.com/201...irdrop-ng.html

We tried to message you but were unable. If you give us a method we will send some betas to you.

MTeams
    Last edited by mmusket33; 2015-07-25 at 14:12.

Hi mmusket33,

Thank you for the tutorial. It would be handy if airdrop-ng was in Kali's repositories too (as per/Backtrack)...

Yes, this install of airdrop-ng is causing the original wireless interface to be renamed, which is indeed messy (& extremely annoying). After running airdrop-ng on 'wlan1mon' my physical interface 'wlan1' is renamed to 'wlan1monmon'.

After some further testing this morning at a friend's house I suspect the performance of this airdrop-ng is somewhat subpar compared to the proper method as described on aircrack-ng's airdrop page. It is certainly slower in sending deauth frames on my system.

I did have great success with my previous airdrop-ng install (using aircrack-ng's recommended method: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=airdrop-ng) during the past six or so months & I'm kicking myself for not making a backup of lorcon-old. IMHO airdrop-ng is a fantastic, extremely flexible & underrated tool & should be added to the Kali repositories. mdk3 has its uses but I do enjoy the precision & ease of use that airdrop-ng offers; especially for particular applications.

If somebody can post lorcon-old aka lorcon version 1 I'd be extremely grateful!

aG
    Last edited by aGravity; 2015-07-26 at 10:45.

hey there, I'm brand new to Kali (I'm trying to expand my abilities and job prospects with a pen testing certification) and I need airdrop-ng for a class I'm in. I am currently unable to get it working. I have tried every recommended method I can find. using airdrop-ng in the console as root gives me they basics on it will the blue heading, putting airdrop-ng --help gives me a list of available options, but when i try and actually use airdrop (root@kali:~# airdrop-ng -i wlan1mon -r air-rules.txt) i get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/bin/airdrop-ng", line 1007, in <module>
    except PyLorcon2.Lorcon2Exception ,e:
    NameError: name 'PyLorcon2' is not defined

I have seen people referencing that the ninja download is no longer available and that the orginal locron is unavailable for download (which i believe is the issue, but take that with a grain of salt). A few people referenced that you can get it to work with locron2 but after following the instructions provided it has had no noticeable effect on the output. Any insight would be appreciated.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by sixtyspoons View Post
    hey there, I'm brand new to Kali (I'm trying to expand my abilities and job prospects with a pen testing certification) and I need airdrop-ng for a class I'm in. I am currently unable to get it working. I have tried every recommended method I can find. using airdrop-ng in the console as root gives me they basics on it will the blue heading, putting airdrop-ng --help gives me a list of available options, but when i try and actually use airdrop (root@kali:~# airdrop-ng -i wlan1mon -r air-rules.txt) i get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/bin/airdrop-ng", line 1007, in <module>
    except PyLorcon2.Lorcon2Exception ,e:
    NameError: name 'PyLorcon2' is not defined

I have seen people referencing that the ninja download is no longer available and that the orginal locron is unavailable for download (which i believe is the issue, but take that with a grain of salt). A few people referenced that you can get it to work with locron2 but after following the instructions provided it has had no noticeable effect on the output. Any insight would be appreciated.

Ryan
    https://forums.kali.org/showthread.p...ght=airdrop-ng

I'm a g0at