I've searched high and low both here, at VMware Fusion forums, and Google and have been unable to come up with any related answers so I'm hoping someone has seen the issue I'm having here. I'm trying to install Kali 2.0 as a new virtual machine using VMware fusion tech preview (I have a paid version of Fusion 7). My host machine is a Macbook Pro running OS X 10.11 (the latest beta). The OS X beta has been very stable for me to date.

A little more background. I had a previous VM of Kali 1.1 that was running like a champ and though I considered doing an upgrade to 2.0 on top of that I decided to delete that VM and start with a fresh install of Kali 2.0. I'm kicking myself now (though who knows if that would've gone well or not I suppose).

I downloaded the Kali 2.0 vmware image, created a new virtual machine in Fusion but when I go to go to "install from disk or image" the Kali-linux-2.0.0-vm-amd64.7z image is grey'd out and I can't use it for install. When creating my previous Kali VM I did not use the VMware ready image but rather used the ISO file so I have no experience with this. Obviously since the disk image is grey'd out I'm stuck and at a complete loss. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies for the long winded post but I want to make sure I give as much info as possible.

Thanks in advance!