Thread: i can not install kali2 from booteable usb

i can not install kali2 from booteable usb

hi friends:

i try to install kali 2 from usb booteable for my notebook but when insert usb appear a menu where tell me extract from the CD-ROM and not start the instalation.

how can i resolver that issue?

thanks.

Hi Lizardhack7!

what operating system are you running or trying to make the bootable USB with?

If you're using windows try downloading Linux Live Creator

If you're running on Linux then try this command which i personally used to install Kali 2.0 this morning:

$sudo dd bs=4M if=[iso file] of=[usb] it should look something like this:

$ sudo dd bs=4M if=kali-linux-2.0-i386.iso of=/dev/sdb1 (you can get the name of your USB using gparted)

wait about 5minutes until it's done and reboot your machine.

thanks danaxuS for help me:

i use win xp for make the usb boot and a tried a lot of program for make the boot usb, rufus, yumy,linux live usb,unetbootin.

now i am try with gburner.

i am going to try with this and i tell you.

thanks again for yor help.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardhack7 View Post
    thanks danaxuS for help me:

i use win xp for make the usb boot and a tried a lot of program for make the boot usb, rufus, yumy,linux live usb,unetbootin.

now i am try with gburner.

i am going to try with this and i tell you.

thanks again for yor help.
    Hello, Use Win32 Disk Manager.

i fix it unplugging and plugin the usb in that part.

Same problem here, I have Kali linux 2.0 amd64.iso file & have tried all the above bootable programs including Win32 Disk Manager but all have failed to make the usb bootable!!!

They all have one thing in common, they successfully write the .iso to my usb but when I restart & boot from usb, Kali Linux doesn't show up but rather windows ends up restarting again.

Surprisingly kali Linux 2.0 works perfectly on my VMware Workstation. But I would like it to be part of my hard disk partition to better it's performance. I'm currently using Windows 10 home and have a Toshiba Statellite Click 2 Pro.

I think I'll try downloading an earlier version of Kali Linux, preferably 1.1.0 which I saw on the Linux live usb website as still being a currently supported Linux distribution.

Any solution to help me boot Kali 2.0 will be highly appreciated too. Thanks.

ok friends i have the solution.

put the usb bootable into your pc and when appear the error of CD-ROM bla bla bla, upplage the usb and put in again and press ENTER "TO CONTINUE" and magic, workkkk!!!

kali2 working already in my pc, nice interface only a little bit low than kali 1.x

good luck.

say if work that in yours pc.