Thread: Problem with Kali 2.0 bootable usb on Macbook pro 2014 (OSx 10.10)

Problem with Kali 2.0 bootable usb on Macbook pro 2014 (OSx 10.10)

I am trying to run kali 2.0 from usb which i created using this document https://forums.kali.org/register.php...f458549e724d66

When i insert the usb in the mac and reboot it and while i press the option/alt key i can see the EFI option. but once i click on it my computer freezes, is their something additional that i have to install ?
    some articles talk about install rEFInd? but some says its not safe to install
    Some articles say that the grub.cfg file is missing and that needs to be created? can someone send me a correct grub.cfg if that is the answer ?

Thanks

I'm having an issue similar to this! If you find any information please share it with me! I've been trying for the past few days to get it working on mine. I tried rEFInd and I still couldn't get it working.

I have Kali dual booting on my Mac. I followed the instructions here ... http://docs.kali.org/downloading/kal...ve-usb-install ... under "Creating a Bootable Kali USB Drive on OS X". With the usb drive installed, the Kali usb should appear as a removable Windows drive (photo1). Even with the dual boot, I don't use rEFInd and have no issues. The only issue I'm having with Kali 2.0 is the wireless card isn't recognized.

photo1.jpg