Thread: SSH authentication not working on new Nethunter 2.0

SSH authentication not working on new Nethunter 2.0

I recently updated Nethunter since Kali 2.0 was released. No matter what I do it is not accepting the default root and toor to login through SSH from my PC. I have completely reloaded and I'm still facing the same issue. I even tried creating another account with root access with no luck. I'm thinking perhaps SSH is hitting the actual phone and not the Kali install sitting on top of it perhaps?

2. Yeah SSH appears to be broken I'm staying away from 2.0 for a few weeks a lot of stuff isn't working I finally managed to I think get my TP-LINKWN722N wireless card working.

It's not broken, the SSH daemon is just configured to not permit root login via password.

If you want to change that, it works:

edit /etc/ssh/sshd_config

change:
    PermitRootLogin without-password

to:
    PermitRootLogin yes

That's it. After that the login with password works.

Hi, ive tried these methods to get my ssh to work but it is still not working. I'm running kali nethunter 2.0 lollipop on my nexus 10 32gb. I have tried editing the sshd_config file but to no avail. Ive also tried editing thte /root/.ssh/authorized_keys file but that also dosent work. Any help would be apreciated.

PubKey

Quote Originally Posted by logicalien View Post
    Hi, ive tried these methods to get my ssh to work but it is still not working. I'm running kali nethunter 2.0 lollipop on my nexus 10 32gb. I have tried editing the sshd_config file but to no avail. Ive also tried editing thte /root/.ssh/authorized_keys file but that also dosent work. Any help would be apreciated.
    Also needed to uncomment the PubKeyAuthentication and it works

ssh failure

When tried to start ssh by ?service ssh start? it says ?starting OpenBSD secure shell server: sshd?.But when i check the status?service ssh status?it says ?sshd is not running ...Failed!?please tell me how can i solve this.