Thread: Wifite not capturing WPA handshake

Wifite not capturing WPA handshake

Hi,

I have been trying to use Wifite on Kali 2.0 Sana and Nethunter 2.0 on my Nexus 7 tablet. Earlier I started with nethunter making a mobile rig using TP-Link TLWN722N wireless adapter.

Wifite keep sending deauth and listening for handshake and eventually fails. I used airodump-ng and aireplay-ng to deauth and it immediately captures the handshake both on nethunter and Desktop version of Kali running 2.0.

So working aircrack-ng means the card is working fine and injectiing packets, but not working with Wifite? Is this a know issue or am I missing something. I even used the latest Wifite package but same result. Any ideas???

Thanks
    Cybeh.

I too am having this issue with desktop version.

Quote Originally Posted by cybeh View Post
    Hi,

I have been trying to use Wifite on Kali 2.0 Sana and Nethunter 2.0 on my Nexus 7 tablet. Earlier I started with nethunter making a mobile rig using TP-Link TLWN722N wireless adapter.

Wifite keep sending deauth and listening for handshake and eventually fails. I used airodump-ng and aireplay-ng to deauth and it immediately captures the handshake both on nethunter and Desktop version of Kali running 2.0.

So working aircrack-ng means the card is working fine and injectiing packets, but not working with Wifite? Is this a know issue or am I missing something. I even used the latest Wifite package but same result. Any ideas???

Thanks
    Cybeh.

Same problem also,

Must be in the queue to be fixed like WPSPIN.sh

Hopefully.

same problem ...

Curious what android version you're on with your nethunter and tlwn722n. tried upgrating mine to lollipop (nexus 7 2013) and had to go back to kit kat to get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyhabit View Post
    Curious what android version you're on with your nethunter and tlwn722n. tried upgrating mine to lollipop (nexus 7 2013) and had to go back to kit kat to get it to work.
    I am not using the stock rom, am using the Resurrection Remix ROM (Lollipop 5.1.1_r3-LMY48B) for Nexus 7, its pretty cool, and surprisingly Nethunter and Resurrection really get along well with each other :P

Thankfully its happy to know that its a known issues with Wifite, any idea when this will be fixed??

Cybeh

Same here too.

Same here.

Same...

Same issue here. I'm so glad to finally discover this thread...
    airodump-ng doesn't get handshakes
    kismet doesn't get handshakes
    wifite doesn't get handshakes

There's more than enough shaking going in but Kali doesn't seem to notice it since 2..

Can anyone confirm that this bug has been reported already? I tried searching it in the bugtracker but I couldn't find it..

Hmm, maybe im wrong but the script wont use cowpatty as default, but this is explicid told in description. Do me a favour and give it a try cause i only have iOS device right now. Must be somthing like wifite -cowpatty but better check the --help page

maybe I fixed this bug?
    Plz check the
    https://github.com/derv82/wifite/issues/54
    and reply to me

What I do is use the -aircrack switch with wifite or wifite-ng and that does the trick for me with my alfa AWUS036NH on my nexus 5.

EDIT: I've found wifite-ng just keeps retrying so I use wifite for any handshakes and I use -pyrit because I read that it is more reliable than -aircrack.
    Last edited by Exile666; 2015-12-19 at 04:19.

Quote Originally Posted by xzenor View Post
    Same issue here. I'm so glad to finally discover this thread...
    airodump-ng doesn't get handshakes
    kismet doesn't get handshakes
    wifite doesn't get handshakes

There's more than enough shaking going in but Kali doesn't seem to notice it since 2..

Can anyone confirm that this bug has been reported already? I tried searching it in the bugtracker but I couldn't find it..
    See: https://github.com/derv82/wifite/issues/54 Or just try:
    Code:
    wifite --aircrack

Exactly the same issue here re failure to capture handshakes. Running on Kali 2.0 RPi not Chroot Droid/Nethunter but still ARM. So maybe that's the common denominator. If I send the same 5 de-auths to the same target (client or broadcast) with exactly the same hardware setup via aireplay-ng I can capture the handshake with airodump-ng no problems at all. It's just Wifite that fails at automated de-auths/handshake capture. Weirdness.