Thread: Installing problem with macbook

Question Installing problem with macbook

First,I have MBPR 2015 with Yosemite V.10.10.2 (14C2055).
    Second,I made a USB Live Drive followed by offical website document.

When I use kali-linux-2.0-i386.iso as iso image in USB drive ,computer always launch OS X in boot list.
    When I use kali-linux-2.0-amd64.iso as iso image in USB drive,computer get freeze in Kali USB live screen.

Is there something wrong with my steps? Thx

I personally recommend every Macbook user to install refind boot manager if you want to uninstall refind just simply do the following steps:

For UNINSTALLING refind:

1. Go system preferences

2. Navigate to Startup disk

3. unlock the lock choose your Mac OS X system and restart

After you installed refind in your Macbook do the following steps to boot into Kali Linux 2:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/deskt...ick-on-mac-osx
    Last edited by X0rCode; 2015-08-15 at 23:25.

thank you!
    I have installed refind and a new problem came out.
    When i boot from refind,it report error:not found while loadding bootx64.efi.

Try booting with both Ubuntu USB and Kali live USB sticks plugged in. This worked for me!

The main reason for the problem is that while booting on UEFI (as opposed to BIOS) systems is well supported by Linux, Apple seems to be using their own, unique mix of features from different versions.

I can not help you to fix this. I personally recommend you to use Kali Linux 2 in Vmware instead of making a dualboot. Kali Linux 2 have much bugs.

Thank you! But I'm going to make a presistent usb ,so it's inconvenient to boot with 2 usb device every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzh503 View Post
    Try booting with both Ubuntu USB and Kali live USB sticks plugged in. This worked for me!

I got dual boot to work on my macbook pro yesterday. I installed rEFInd then plugged in my USB stick. I had several problems with a blank screen and cursor at first. However, I found that by holding down the alt/option key at boot and choosing the second option (EFI) instead of the first for the USB the install went smoother. The only downside is that it seems to have taken priority over rEFInd. So I no longer get the rEFInd boot screen. It automatically loads to Kali unless I hold down opt during boot and seclect OSX. The only problem I'm dealing with now is the insane resolution 2880x1660. Everything is so tiny, and there are no other resolution options given.