Thread: Installing Kali 2.0 boot problem

Question Installing Kali 2.0 boot problem

I have Lenevo Z50-70
    4th Generation Intel Core i7-4510U Processor (3.10GHz Turbo, 2.00GHz Base 1600 MHz 4MB)
    1TB Hard Drive / Windows 8.1 / Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
    15.6" Full HD 1080p LED Glossy Display (1920x1080) / NVidia 840M 4GB Graphics Card
    DVD Recordable Drive (Dual Layer) / Bluetooth Version 4.0
    8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz Memory

it has windows 8.1 x64 preinstalled ,and i want to install kali as dual boot . i shrinked my C drive , and now i have 100 Gb unallocated I downloaded kali-linux-2.0-amd64 iso, burned into a dvd at 4x checked that was burn correctly, all good.
    i go into the bios , disable secure boot, make my dvd\cd as first to boot. all Good .

i restart my notebook, i hear the dvd rom starting to read the dvd, but nothing happens , black screen . what i can do, or what i did wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dottieee View Post
    i restart my notebook, i hear the dvd rom starting to read the dvd, but nothing happens , black screen . what i can do, or what i did wrong
    you did everything correctly. the problem is in Kali 2.0 installation. I recommend you to use usb stick instead of DVD (if you have)
    and download Light version of Kali linux 2.0 and then update it to full version.
    also read posts here on forum. you have solutions for almost anything.

i tried with a usb , but when i go top boot the usb , it doesnt show up, i have tried to put a windows 10 on the usb to see if it shows up and it does . dont know what is the problem ..

UPDATE

i have managed to make the usb to boot, but it goes to grub 2.0 shell
    grub> , dont know what to do from there...
    Last edited by Dottieee; 2015-08-16 at 15:56. Reason: UPDATE

PROBLEM SOLVED , u can close this Thread

Hello , prepare my USB Live, with Kali Linux 2.0 32bit , formatted USB memory with HP Storag Format v 2.1.8 and charging the ISO image using Win32 Disk Imager , and my idea is to install Kali Linux 2.0 dual boot with windows , manually select the partition ( during the graphical installation process Kali offers ) the process is complete , and reboot the GRUB recognizes my win and Linux 2.0 KALI Kali start with the process starts and after a moment the screen goes uncharged black Kali , would know answer to which may be due ?. Clarified that the previous version to install the 32bit 1.1.0a on the same PC, ( procerso you make thousands of times ) use the same programs to prepare the flash memory , and the same memory and never tube problems. Finally not loaded from the Live USB drive. I hope they can please give me an answer , then they can. Thanks , best regards , cicloide2 .

Quote Originally Posted by Dottieee View Post
    i tried with a usb , but when i go top boot the usb , it doesnt show up, i have tried to put a windows 10 on the usb to see if it shows up and it does . dont know what is the problem ..

UPDATE

i have managed to make the usb to boot, but it goes to grub 2.0 shell
    grub> , dont know what to do from there...
    Hello, Dottieee as solved ? my HDD to install the GRUB starts appearing win and kali2.0 > home with Kali and then a black screen ( vercion 32bit ) instantly. Thank you.: Confuso: