Hello,

So It goes like this : I upgraded to kali 2.0 with no big issues. I rebooted it, a login screen came with username field. I entered "root" and submit then it asks for password, I entered that too... hit submit but it didn't recognize it. It says "Sorry, that didn't work. Please try again."
I tried another user but the same.

Then I hit Ctrl+Alt+F1 and went to console. I entered root user and password and it worked this time. I changed the password for root, rebooted, went back to gnome screen, tried again... NOTHING, its the same error.

So again I went back to console mode and logged in again as root (No issues while login in console). I entered startx command. But "startx" is not recognized. I installed 'xorg' and tried again with startx. WoW... I am in Kali 2.0. Desktop looks new.

So where is the problem. I rebooted kali. tried to log in again with default Gnome screen. Nothing... Same error. Again I logged in via console then startx. Now this time I locked the system. I get a lock screen with user root asking for password. I entered the password. Nothing again.... same error. At this stage I am unable to go to console mode again(tty1), although can go to tty2. What should I do.

Screenshots : http://postimg.org/gallery/3ho8pycd6/